ToEE2:Co8 - interested?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by KillerSonic, Aug 9, 2005.

Remove all ads!
?

ToEE2:TCo8

1. new game? no way, that's dull!

2.9%
  2. yes, yes, yes!!!!

85.7%
  3. i won't join but good idea.

2.9%
  4. i don't know........

8.6%
  1. KillerSonic

KillerSonic Established Member

first of all:sorry for my bad english...
    now the main thing: this comes from the wishlist thread: following the example of all the fans of Twinsen, who made a fan-game outta it, Temple of Elemental Evil 2: The Circle of Eight the all-new game from ToEE! This means we have to put modders to work for tons of new items, spells, NPCs etc. (Wishlist for more info) anyways, who's up for the challenge?

2. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

This would be awesome. I personally don't know how to do much more than edit the protos but i am currently trying to learn the world builder so maybe i'll be able to do this before we get started.

3. KillerSonic

anyway the events will happen a bit before the big ole' battle of emirdy meadows....
    the Temple is rising and this means there's tons for an evil party to do(should we include the temple aswell?)

4. KillerSonic

dan: I'm no better in modding than you are...expert in mIRC but i don't know ANYTHING about ToEE
    just for you to know: we need NPC voices and almost anyone can help with that....

5. KillerSonic

ey modders and fellow members...are you even alive?(i bet there are tons of answers here tomorrow)

6. KillerSonic

anyway any1 up to recreating the temple with tons of quests? and creating the allmighty battle of emirdy meadows(the game might lag too much, better not try....maybe just a part of it or so...before you die?[we don't want the characters to live now do we?])

7. KillerSonic

maybe so: good battle objective: Destroy the temple(as we know lower levels weren't destroyed...maybe just killing every1 outside the temple so the doors can be closed, as seen in the intro) evil battle obj: Guard the temple, when that fails(and it has to) kill the do-gooders trying to kill the godess of fungi Zuggtmoy(or was it zuggmoty???:))

8. KillerSonic

and for neutral - chaotic(it's all about the treasure) get some kind of an artifact from the temple

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  9. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

"Evil" is all about being out for yourself and not giving a damn about other people. It's not about serving others when it's not in your self interest to do so. An Evil party might start serving the temple, but should be able to betray them, or serve one faction against another, or just pretend to be "good" in order to join in on looting the temple when it becomes clear that they're going to lose.

Just imo.

10. KillerSonic

erm..well the battle of emirdy meadows was a traditional good vs. evil and i tought that since the temple is all about evil you should protect it...but of course who says that you can't just kill that pesky Zuggmoty and rule the world yourself?

anyway i'm still working on it and i don't know if it can even be done...
    and why the hell can't i change balor's sword to an uber longsword? it just doesn't exist(and what's with those tabs in protos...dan had a lot better protos than me!!!)

11. KillerSonic

darn it that sword can't be used even if i just put it under another name(flag) blah
    the only sword fit for a god and i can't use it?(unless i take the original of course)

12. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

Your manner of posting would make Domonater proud.

13. KillerSonic

heh Domonater the ultimate thread spoiler?
    i doubt

14. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

while i of course would love another ToEE game, i have to stress that we haven't even finished doing everything we want with the first one!
    all the bugs and weird things that need to be ironed out, things we still need to figure out how work, dialogues that need to be elaborated and expanded, scripts that need to be written etc.
    i think it would be best to focus on fixing and bettering the original game first, then have a solid platform to make a new game on (and maybe even a team that's willing to invest the time and who can work together well).

15. policestate

policestate Member

It's an interesting idea, but there are a couple of challenges to overcome:
    -background material indicates involvement of Llolth, so we'd need to get the drow working. Ideally, this should be available as a PC race, but at least a few drow NPCs and enemies are needed.
    -artwork. It's easy enough to steal portraits from Royo et al, but we'd need to get dedicated artists to make new maps (even if they are just turning 2d sourcebook stuff into isometric). I suppose that we could use maps / screenshots from other fantasy games and photoshop them together, though.
    -collaboration. You can't have dozens of coders, modders, and artists simultaneously working on a project and submitting their stuff to a messageboard. A CVS system would be needed to coordinate everything.

Anyways, I don't know much about TOEE yet, but I'd be happy to help out with dialog and protos stuff while learning the rest.

Man, I'm getting excited thinking about a major Evil quest where you gather reagents, perform human sacrifice, cast a few spells (desecrate, protection from good, etc...) with the goal of summoning Zuggtmoy. Or, a Good character could infiltrate the Temple and try to disrupt the same events.

Our Host!