ToEE Front-End Error Codes

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Agetian, Feb 1, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Here, I post all error code meanings for the ToEEFE/KotBFE (the Temple of Elemental Evil Front-End). These are taken from the debug setup of ToEEFE source code, and not all of them may be applicable for the release edition. I hope this information will be helpful for sorting out the "XXXX: One of the game folders...." errors, as well as understanding the functionality of ToEEFE better (which is rather convoluted, even for me as a developer).

The internal signatures are taken from the latest (v4.xx) snapshot of the debug ToEEFE and are provided for reference only.

FORMAT: Code: internal signature - meaning

0000: TFE_IDEBUG - Internal message that fires only in special preset cases for debug FE.

0001: TFE_RESV01 - Used to be used during the pre-v3.00 beta times, then was removed and is now reserved.

0002: TFE_MOVESM - ToEEFE was unable to reallocate the sound and movie files to/from the internal ToEEFE folder called "Frontend".

0003: TFE_ALLOC1 - ToEEFE was unable to move the data folder for the standard ToEE module back to "data.ToEE".

0004: TFE_MVESMF - ToEEFE was unable to move the contents of the internal "Frontend" folder to the specific locations in the "data" folder (data\sound\music and data\movies)

0006: TFE_IFOERR - ToEEFE was unable to read the contents of "data\module.ifo" file in order to detect the currently active module name.

0007: TFE_MDSTOR - ToEEFE was unable to restore the initial folder position for a module (e.g. change the folder name from "data" to "data.MODNAME")

0008: TFE_IFWERR - ToEEFE was unable to create a "module.ifo" file for a module in one of the "data.MODNAME" folders in order to store the internal module name.

0009: TFE_MODACT - ToEEFE was unable to activate a module by changing its folder location from "data.MODNAME" to "data".

0010: TFE_DEFIFO - ToEEFE was unable to store the module information for the standard ToEE into the "module.ifo" file in the "data.ToEE" directory.

0011: TFE_TOEEAC - ToEEFE was unable to activate the default Temple of Elemental Evil module by changing its folder location from "data.ToEE" to "data".

0012: TFE_GETDSC - ToEEFE was unable to read the module description from a module-based description.txt file.

0013: TFE_IFOER2 - similar to the errorcode TFE_IFOERR, fires up whenever "data\module.ifo" can't be read, but is used at different times.

0014: TFE_MODRST - ToEEFE was unable to restore the module back to its original folder location, e.g. from "data.MODNAME" to "data".

0015: TFE_MIFOWR - ToEEFE was unable to write a module-based module information file ("data.MODNAME\module.ifo").

0016: TFE_MODRS2 - similar to TFE_MODRST but fires at different times.

0017: TFE_DEFIF2 - similar to TFE_DEFIFO but fires at different times.

0018: TFE_TOEEA2 - similar to TFE_TOEEAC but fires at different times.

0019: TFE_CFGERR - ToEEFE was unable to modify the toee.cfg file in order to disable the autosave feature.

0020: TFE_DFALL0 - this code shouldn't be in the release version; it fires up when all other errors fail to fire, yet an exception occurs, and is used to trace errors that fall through all of other error-catching mechanisms.

NOTE: Whenever I say "the internal module name" I mean the folder name by which this module is recognized. For example, the module with internal name "MyName" is expected to occupy two folders - "data.MyName" and "modules\MyName".

Hope this helps.
    - Agetian

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
Our Host!