this your front end hates my guts!!

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by ben34, Feb 24, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben34

ben34 Member

Lots of crashes guys not all that impressed with the front end X it still runs weak in comparison to the older front ends lots of issues and bugs and mony times my saved games become currupt and usless!

2. maalri

maalri Immortal

Re: ToEE Front-End X Official Discussion Thread

Im not a modder- and I had similar concerns, and I believe the answer isn't in the new Front-End, but in the latest ModPack 5.5.0. which is in Beta terst mode-- so they are aware of the issues, and are working on correcting for the next release.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The new Front End starts the game then quits. If you have problems starting the game, then it may be the Front End. If you have problems after the game starts, then it may be the Co8 modpack but it is not the Front End.

4. ben34

ben34 Member

now I want to open by saying this your front end hates my guts!! i think it is a hatefull little mod with no soul!>? but aside from that I want everyone to know that if you console in items you will crash and corrupt your game unless you don't go over a certain limit each time you do it! so far thats all I got but this mod really needs to be tested and propererl acted on when bugs are reported because I would say its the worst one so far its not any better no way! please someone gear anyone CLEAN IT UP!!!! for god sakes! I beg you fix it!

5. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Dude! Take my advice and remove your last posting. The problems are, as @ted says, not due to Frontend and, moreover, your problems are not experienced by most of us. Therefore, it is probably due to something on your end. Be patient for help is on the way. Stay cool and you won't offend the modders who have put their time and energy into development FOR FREE.

Peace!

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ben34: would you like to actually specify what bugs you are experiencing? Posting "this is buggy omg wtf bbq I got a CTD and everything!" doesn't tell us a damn thing. And...
    you've been periodically reporting that one for almost a year. The problem is at YOUR END. Its not our mod: no-one else is having this issue, you are having it through every incarnation of the game. I say it again, its YOUR END. It may be your CDs, it may be your hardware, it may be that you have just piled everything on top of each other instead of doing a clean install as recommended, I don't know, but I do know it is not our mod (which never modded the console anyway).

And if you do have a serious bug report to make, please make it in the bug report thread, not here in the Front End thread because your problems do not sound like they have anything to do with the Front End.

7. ben34

ben34 Member

I don't know if anyone has written about it but I was hoping to find out if the new 3.5 framework will ever be compatible becasue as of now it crashes hardcore right from the start~!

8. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Dude, I just got to reading your posts and I found them ridiculous, especially considering neither of them corresponds to the bug reporting guidelines (so if you were to report a problem, that's definitely NOT how you should have done it) and all of them are a model of the "zomg wtf tihs shitty thing SUXX!" type posts which, just for your information, I don't like. On a more serious note, I really don't know what you're talking about. I seriously don't know how exactly you managed to fubar your installation so good that now it crashes hardcore right from the start, but: a) the new .net framework 3.5 works just fine with TFE-X, trust me, just as well as 3.0 and 2.0 - as a matter of fact, me and all of my friends have been playing ToEE with TFE-X on Vista with .net framework 3.5 for the last few months and no one has ever reported this (nor anyone else at the boards, as you can see); and if you're sure it's something with your .net framework installation, then take a bit of your time to make a clean, detailed bug report according to the bug reporting guidelines; b) the other problems you reported (problems with consoling in items etc.) have nothing to do with ToEE Front-End X at all because they are in-game problems, not game startup problems.

I'm separating this from the ToEE Front-End X thread because it has nothing to do with serious bug reporting and is more of an illustrated guide what *not* to do when reporting bugs and problems. I'm also closing this thread because it's pointless to proceed debating this - it has become a simple and outward flaming of TFE-X without any serious arguments.

Please be more careful when making posts in the future and make sure you understand what you're talking about, because right now it's quite clear that you don't - TFE-X is a game launcher, Co8 Mod is a game mod. Read Ted's post above again if you're still in doubt.

- Agetian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!