Things That Are Irritating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Oct 14, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sometimes it helps to exorcise the daily frustrations we all run into by openly and frankly stating what they are. I had thought to mention a few of these kinds of things before but never got around to it til now ...

Things That Are Irritating

• The Harmon/kardon DVD27 DVD player, whose makers somehow determined that it was best to go against decades of electronic component convention and turn the little 'all systems go' light on while the unit is off, and vice-versa.

• Alta Vista's search engine, which always takes you back to the top of the list when you return to the search results page using your browser's back button, making you have to scroll down and try to figure out where you were before every time.
    Go ahead, list the things that are irritating you today!

(Let's make it require some thought though, and make sure you have a case: no 'it's irritating that I didn't win the lottery' type stuff.)

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Windows / apps that say "Hey I am the most important thing in the world I MUST BE ON TOP I WILL NOW PUT MYSELF ON TOP I RULE I AM KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!"

Photoshop v.2 that I use is an example: it takes forever to load on my machine (both are ancient) but every time I try to bring up a window and do something else, Photoshop just rams itself back to the top window, like it or not.

IMs that do that are a particular pain - you are staring at the keyboard hunt-and-pecking some private msg to your sweetheart, you hit return and look up to find an incoming message from your boss has bludgeoned its way to be the top window and you've just told your boss, "yes darling you're the only one for me".

I think its fair to say this is the #1 thing on the planet that annoys me. Sure, global warming is bad and all that, but this REALLY sux! :anger:

3. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Things that irritate me:
    -Hmm... me being lazy.... in every other part of life than gaming...
    oh wait, that's just being lazy in an active way.
    -Me screwing up solos on guitar
    -Me trying to speak English fluently from the 6th year of my life...
    ugh... I didn't work out well.
    -Again me, not being able to sing and play at the same time... and well
    not being able to sing anyway...
    -Me not being a good musician.
    -Politics
    -Cigarettes (I'm a non-smoker)
    -Well... that's pretty much it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  4. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

The AVG anti f*****g virus or-wathever-it-does...gosh, how i HATE HIM, i can't believe that esa mierda malparida y conchuda updates almost four and/or five times a day, and of course, in the worst moments, like:

-downloading someth...HEY! I'M UPDATED! LOOK AT ME! CLIKC ME! YOU GOT 30 SECONDS! HURRY UP!...ing, which closes or messes the things.

-fighting against Iuz, a dozen creatur...HEY! I'M UPDATED AGAIN! LOOK AT ME AGAIN! CLIKC ME AGAIN! YOU GOT 30 SECONDS! HURRY UP!...es and Hedrack (it makes a replic of the cursor, non functional, so have two cursors on screen that don't work, and suddendly get minimized the game)

-drawing in Photoshop, i need a selection, open the fil...HEY!!! GUESS WHAT!! I'M UPDATED AGAIN! LOOK AT ME AGAIN! CLIKC ME AGAIN! YOU GOT 30 SECONDS! HURRY UP!...es

...and so and so...i don't understand WHY i had to click okay, if after 30 seconds goes off (besides, click or not it's already updated, so why has to tell you???)

5. Pygon

Pygon Member

- list threads

- people that make their feelings everyone else's problem. Actually that's kind of a good wild card, because if it doesn't work, you get a feeling, and you can make that someone else's problem, too. Know anyone like that?

- forums where you post something light hearted and get flamed by the 6 or 7 people that pretend they are in the cool group of 6 or 7 people. Wait, isn't that all of them?

- when you put bread down in the toaster, and you're standing there waiting for it to pop up, and when it finally does it scares the living crap out of you

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Landlords who make you sign a 'notice to quit' when you move in and then enforce it at exactly the wrong time when you only need to stay in a country for 4 more months and thus try to have to find somewhere which doesn't demand a 6 month contract.

7. kouns2112

kouns2112 Felan

Rude b*****ds who walk up to my counter( at the cleaner's) with a f*****g cellphone glued to their ear, prattling away, and still expecting me to serve them like a good little peon. They're all a bunch of self-centered, self-important, discourteous pr**ks, and they're the same ones who endanger me by driving, yapping, and being oblivious on the American roads.

The cellphone is, simultaneously one of the greatest boons, and one of the most hideous curses received by mankind!:censored:

8. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

When I worked at McDonalds there was a whole shitload of stuff that irritated me, like when people didn't know how to order or when they let their kids order or when they asked for something without pickles. Now it irritates me when parents don't label their kids' cups or they think it's funny when their kids are atrocious.
    It irritates me when people give me a dirty look after I say something to be funny.
    It irritates me when their is no construction paper, paint, or any other art supply in the color of the week.
    It irritates me when people take extra long breaks.
    I hate when kids repeatedly turn their hand upside down while cutting even though I keep telling them "thumb to the ceiling" and turning their hands over.

9. Half Knight

When all of your ENOURMOUS fat friends (three) begin to fart as Tommyguns as a funny thing and you have to smoke it all, and when you are about to mighty fart-back, the girls arrive and spoil your righteous revenge :eek:mg:

10. Sachmo

Sachmo Knight of the Crown

I hate parents who believe their kids can do know wrong, and refused to even consider that their child might be lying to avoid getting in trouble, no matter what evidence you have.

Disrescpectful people really annoying, at the moment one of my pet hates is people who push in. When you are patiently waiting in line and they think its perfectly fine to just push in front of you.

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

work/job *sigh*

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If only I had moderator priveleges in this forum, i could push this into Sachmo's answer :mrhappy:
    See, thats EXACTLY what I am talking about!

13. Zebedee

I don't complain about AVG - I used to have Norton. The antivirus system which is worse than a virus...

14. Half Knight

The SOBs that keep calling 00:02 or 00:03 AM to claim having kidnapped someone in my family (the worst thing, it's that they are convicts, who call from within prison).

It's a very common thing, they call before claiming to be the cops, and that a familiar of your had an accident and could'nt be identified, they give general unespecific data of him t'ill you say "OMG that's Pepe!" so they have a name...later they call saying that they have Pepe and demand a ransom...hijos de puta...
    most of their victims are old people, who gets scared easily...

15. Zebedee

That wins so far HK. Grim.

Our Host!