The Nulb Crash Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Firesprung, Jan 15, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

Forgive me if there has been a previous thread addressing this, but has anyone has issues with the world map to Nulb crashing the game? I'm playing 5.0.3, and have the games correctly installed.

2. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

Re: Nulb crashes

this is a major bummer. I started a new game with the 5.0.3 after making it to the 2nd level of the ToEE to see Verbobonc, etc, and now this Nulb crash has permenantly thwarted any additional progress. Again, to my knowledge, all the installs were done correctly, and I've reinstalled repeatedly.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

If you're using the same saved game after each reinstallation, that might indicate that the save is corrupt. It happens, unfortunately. I can't recall hearing anything significant about bugs in the Nulb map, but I have gotten repeated CTDs going to Hommlet from the world map before. Had to shitcan the save.

4. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

oh hell. maybe I'll start a new then. thanks for the insight.

5. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

Been thinking about this . . . Would all my saves be corrupted? In theory, can I go back to my earlier progress and be OK?

6. shoprat

shoprat Member

I had a similar problem awhile ago with a game, I noticed in that game I wasnt able to use the signposts in hommlet though either. so I reinstalled the signpost mod and then 5.0.3 after that and everything was fine with nulb.

7. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

Where do I reinstall the mod?

Can someone please link me to a d/l of the signpost mod so I can give this method a shot?

thanks!

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sorry to leave you hanging, Firesprung. To the best of my knowledge, there should be no reason why all your saves would be corrupted with this issue. There is one scenario that we know of where that happens, but it involves missing secret doors and ladders. The only way you'll know for sure is to check them.

If you want to try the signpost mod theory, just reinstall 5.0.3 overtop your current installation. Then be sure to clear the map cache and delete .pyc files.

9. Firesprung

Firesprung Member

Early indications point to a solution! Thanks. I made it to the 5.0.3 version of Nulb at long last! :)

10. crpsdealer

crpsdealer Member

nulb crashes

I just installed 5.0.3 and now when i try to get to Nulb from the world map, the game crashes. I uninstalled everything and installed from scratch but it still happens.

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Re: nulb crashes

Try Co8 5.0.2, someone will need to look at the 5.0.3 version. Remember, the 5.0.3 version is a Beta. You can report the issue in the reporting issues thread and provide details like what you installed in what order.

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Re: nulb crashes

@CtBlue: Is there a difference in the signpost mod between 5.0.2 and 5.0.3?

13. jalong

jalong Member

I had exactly the same issue: everything works absolutely fine until I try to go to Nulb, then CTD with current save and old saves. I just wanted to confirm that the re-installation of 5.03 along with the deletion of the cache and .pyc files fixed the problem. Thanks!!

14. aljares

aljares Member

crash when i go to nulb

hello

i have co3 5.0.4 and i have a problem i dont want to begin a new game again , when i go to nulb after clear the moat house ( i try with lareth and whiout it) the game tells my a beatifyll memory not read in blabl ablalbabl

help plz

15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Re: crash when i go to nulb

Umm, did you start a new game after you installed Co8-5.0.4? If not, how were you patched before that?

Our Host!