Thank You!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by bluespill, Dec 17, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. bluespill

bluespill Member

Hello, my name is shawn from the states. Thank you for all of your awsome effort into going through all this scripting and such to give deadbeats like us a little heaven and mystic fantasy in a world so mundane. I know nothing about mods and such but i am a gfx artist and animator. i was wondering do you guys create all this from scratch or do you base it upon template all ready made? i guess the question I am asking are the maps and towns created from you guys and not the previous owners? Keep up the good work my email is bluespill@hotmail.com thanks again...Great work really.!!!^_^

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hi bluespill,

For the most part, map art in the Co8 modpack is made from existing game maps originally done by Troika. But while some maps are nearly identical rehashes of existing maps (such as small interiors), others are very much 'original' work in that they are built from the ground up using pieces of Troika assets to comprise the whole, and they appear nowhere else in the form in which they appear in the modpack, despite the fact that the source material is from Troika. (For example, the Verbobonc exterior map, while using existing game resources, was created and made into a custom city-scape over a period of months by carefully adding a Troika buiding from another map here, a Troika field or cliff edge there, etc., etc., and uniting it all in convincing fashion ... which is much, much harder than it sounds. ;) It was not an existing city map that we simply hijacked. Likewise the Hickory Branch map.) Hope that makes sense.

We generally use Troika art in our modpack expansion material in order to maintain the original artistic aesthetic of the game.

The Co8 TC 'Keep on the Borderlands,' however, is comprised of primarily original map artwork done by various Co8 contributors.

Our Host!