Testers Needed!

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Cerulean the Blue, Feb 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I've put together a package of my scripting thus far for the inventory and not-using-protos issues for Kalshane's Proto Fixes. This is for the most part untested. I am starting a run through to test it, but I would appreciate it (and it would be more thorough) if some other people tested it as well.

This package contains all of Kalshane's files (it uses proto2, the one with the noble salamanders and beholder-kin Eye of the Deep), my script and proto changes (for the most part script related), Kalshane's change log and a spreadsheet detailing what I have changed, and my Wand of Enslavement (for testing purposes) and my Wand of Infatuation (for fun - I did not include the hacked .dll with the upped summoned creature limit though). Only the lines marked completed in the spreadsheet have been tested.

To use this package just unzip it into your ToEE root directory (Toffee users should make sure the module they want to install this in is loaded first).

What I need from testers is any change or discrepancy in the way NPC's and monsters behave, or where they appear. Most of the scripts fire off the first heartbeat, so any aberrant behavior will most likely start before you see the critters.

You can download the package here:
    C-Blue's_Scripting_For_Kalshanes_Protos_v1.zip

Please post any findings in this thread.

EDIT: 2/19/06 The fixes have been updated. Please re-download and re-install.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Shiny. I want to give this a try, but I'm unlikely to get a chance until Monday. Full day tomorrow and then I'm going to be away at a con for the weekend, but I'll try it out first chance I get.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

of course I'm gonna test it..

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Ok, count me in. I just wanna file compare it first (add the price for the chime of opening and a few other little fixes).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Allyx, if you're going to compile CB's update with other stuff, do you mind adding my latest fixes to the mix as well? I've set Liv's special NPC items to no pickpocket, fixed the prices of Hedrack's stuff, updated Cuthbert and Iuz's stats, and created weapons for both of them. The protos.tab is 1KB too big to post here when zipped, unfortunately, so I'd have to e-mail it to you or upload it somewhere else and link to it.

6. Allyx

@Kalshane, check your PM's for e-mail details...

Send over your files when you're done with them, I'll update and upload to the FTP and post a link back here.

@Sol Invictus and/or other moderators, is there any way to increase the 100kb limit? Or even allowing us to upload .rar files? .rar files seem to compress more than .zip files.

7. Cerulean the Blue

If you are going to update the files you might as well send me a copy of it too Allyx, so that we are all working off the same page.

8. Allyx

How's this guys...

@Cerulean the Blue & Kalshane: Could you guy's double check that all your changes have been added correctly.

@Sol Invictus: Thanks for adding the .rar extension to the allowed upload file types and upping the zip limit to 300kb's.

@Everyone else: Hey we can now upload .rar files upto 293kb's big! :dance: Zip files can now be upto 300kb's too now!

Attached Files:

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I must ask the question, "Does the new combined protos from post # 8 in this thread include the Co8 4.0.1 protos PLUS new 401 stuff since the original 401 update PLUS the Kalshane|Allyx protos fixes combined with the Blue protos updates?

In short, does this have all of the updates for everything, meaning I can install ToEE and patch it and install Co8 4.0.0 MOD and add Co8 4.0.1 with Darmagons Final spells updates where once I put this on top of it, everything is included, except for stuff being worked on at this time?

10. Allyx

Co8 instalation order update:

Where is 4.1.0 when you need it? <sigh>

1) Co8-4.0.0.
    2) Darmagon's spells.
    3) Co8-4.0.1.
    4) Combined C-blue & Kalshane proto fixes.rar. (above)

Can we get an ETA on 4.1.0 now?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  11. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Do Darmagon's spells really have to be applied before 4.0.1?

As for a new mod pack, I'm still waiting for everyone's green light. I believe Cerulean wants his stuff tested first? And Ted was supposed to send me a few updates (including Endarire's new NPC).

Now, that's a rar treat.

12. Allyx

To tell the truth I don't think it matters so much any more, because all the common files he used have been updated since, but chronologically, the order I stated above is correct.

13. Cerulean the Blue

The first bug.

I've found the first bug, oppropriately with the bugbears in the Moathouse dungeon. They like to turn on the female bugbear with them. Also, the one that used to run off and warn the other's doens't always do so anymore, and the ones behind the doors now come out and fight with the rest sometimes. The random element in Invensource.mes shows up as well. The bugbears that used to have bows don't always anymore.

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Blue, those are not bugs. (That's the facts of life in D&D and combat...stuff happens.) *smirk*

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

o, and btw - if anyone's interested, here's a link to a non-toeefe combined version of all the post-Co8 4.0.0 MOD updates in the order that Allyx specified.

Darmagon's spells (the latest with Gaears extras)
    Co8 4.0.1 MOD update
    Allyx's Node [partial] fixes
    The combined Allyx+Kalshane+Blue protos updates

Link to it by clicking here.

Our Host!