Temple of Elemental Evil Dialogue Editor

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Aido, Oct 3, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Aido

Aido Member

I downloaded this editor and have been tinkering around with a few dialogues here and there (btw good job gabri3l!) I had some questions I thought someone could help me with.

I was tinkering with Black Jay's dialogue, I got to a part where if you have his ring and tell him so, you have the option to say that you don't want to give it back.

Now he's a fairly desperate fellow and I thought this would be the kind of thing to drive him over the edge, if you know what I mean. So I thought I might try to create a suitable response, say attacking you on the spot for example.

When I try to create a new line for the dialogue however, there is an error with the program and it CTD's.

The line I am working with is 160, the responses are 161 and 162, which ordinarily take you to line 100. I tried to create a line 165, which doesn't seem to be taken, and I added an executive function (I think it was npc.attack(pc)).

If someone can see what I'm doing wrong here can they let me know please? I can probably e-mail what I've done so far if needed.

2. gabri3l

gabri3l Member

i'll take a look at that ASAP. at work right now but the source is on my home comp.
    Thanks for pointing that out

3. gabri3l

gabri3l Member

I can't get it to reproduce on wither of my machines. PM me if you can recreate it, let me know if there are any other problems too and i'll get set on an updated release. i think i've worked most of them out though.

Note: reuploded a newer version too with a few small bug fixes.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  4. Aido

Aido Member

I figured out what I was doing wrong.

There is a save line button that you need to press after you insert a new line, I wasn't doing this before so I guess it was causing the problems.

Anyway, I've almost finished with Black Jay's dialogue, and I added that little bit in ... I've just got to test it now.

Do you know if anyone's got any projects for improving dialogue in the game? I'd like to give the dialogue a bit of work, especially in the Hommlet and Nulb areas ... its probably a bit too much work for just a hack like me though.

5. gabri3l

gabri3l Member

Oh, yeah sorry I know didn't make that button very visible. there was a lot of rewriting when i was coding it to add lines and just took the first idea that was easiest for me. :( i'll fix that up in the next release, make it so you don't have to hit a button at all. Prob I don't think anyone has any objections to improving dialog in the game. (actually if we could improve voice acting that would be great But don't see that happening :) )

Our Host!