Temple CTD

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by TheLadiesOgre, Jan 17, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. TheLadiesOgre

TheLadiesOgre Member

Alright, so I keep getting a CTD when I engage the assembled forces of the fire temple. This has now happened maybe 6-8 times during this specific battle.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: toee.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 00000000
    Fault Module Name: temple.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 407a4c66
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00082570
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: f47d
    Additional Information 2: f47d4f2ba6efc5df5251fac38210d772
    Additional Information 3: a238
    Additional Information 4: a2382fb0d7ba0539a29963a763bcee61

^^that is what windows tells me is the problem, I have absolutely no idea what all of that means or if it will even be helpful, but I figured that I would include it.

I am currently running a 5 member NG party (Human Paladin 10th, Human Fighter 10th, Human Fighter/Rogue 5th/5th, Human Rogue/Wizard 5th/5th and a Human Bard/Cleric 4th/6th).

I have the game saved right before the battle actually triggers (since it had happened several times and I figured that it might help), I have several spell effects (as well as Inspire Courage) active and it seems to let me get at least a few rounds of combat out before it dies (the game that is).

By assembled forces of the fire temple, I mean the room with the High Priest and all of his assorted minions (btw, I am really enjoying the Reactive Temple as this is the first time I have been able to experience it), not the room with the Commander of the Fire Temple and all of the Salamanders/Noble Salamanders.

Running Win7 x64 Ultimate
    AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.5Ghz
    8gb RAM 1600Mhz
    GTS450 x2

Any help would be much appreciated, also if there is any pertinent info that I have forgotten to include, let me know and I will tell you it if I am aware of it.

EDIT:
    Ok, so I went and figured I would try a different course of action and for whatever reason it worked this time. I killed all of the assorted bad guys in the room with minor lag at times (I assume that the scripts for Reactive Temple are fairly complex, I figured compiling them would be the cause of that), though no CTD.

This time, instead of trying to engage them from outside the room and using the doorway as a bottleneck, I entered the room and had my whole party pretty much in the middle of the room (sidenote: having two rogues in your party, both with longspears and combat reflexes is pure win)

Thanks for everyone who has contributed to this awesome mod, I haven't experienced it all yet, but I am sure that the rest of the campaign will be as enjoyable as it has been so far (if not moreso).

Again, Thank you Co8, keep up the good work and I am looking forward to future additions from you ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
Our Host!