Star Wars: Rogue One discussion thread (no spoilers in initial post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shiningted, Dec 20, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Such of you who are interested can re-read my less-than-impressed opinion on the Force Awakens which is in a thread a bit further down.

I'll admit, I was not hopeful for Rogue One.

If I could have been bothered, I'd have done a thread on everything that looked wrong with the trailer, which was just a bunch of bad action movie clichés (and some Stormtroopers).

Well, I saw the movie last night.

And I LOVED IT!!! :D:D:D:D

Some people are saying its the best Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back. That's going a bit far, but it made none of the mistakes of Force Awakens - a new story, no rushed or silly resolutions to dangerous moments, a few good laughs from the robot (no cutesy characters here of any sort that I can think of), some moral complexity as you might expect when people kill for a living and some awesome CG appearances that were both stunning and a delight to see (Spoiler - I swear I saw Biggs, for like a fraction of a second!!!!) Plus they left some of that clichéd crap from the trailer on the cutting room floor!

And just the BEST FREAKING ENDING. Totally makes you want to put Episode IV on and see what happens next.

And... GENUINE TENSION. The main thing that Force Awakens was missing - real tension, even though you know how it is going to end.

Great effort. Not perfect (just hire John Williams next time!!!) but great effort.

2. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I was going to wait for the DVD release, but maybe now I'll go see it on the big screen.

3. argikt

argikt Member

I was charmed with this film, a more adult plot, no clown secundaries characters, and in my opinion better than chapter VII

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I went with the boys (23 and 25), and we enjoyed it. Most of the material from the early trailers was not present.

Our Host!