"Speedup" issues

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Fernando, May 20, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Fernando

Fernando Established Member

Hi all. I was searching the forums, hoping to find some way to avoid giving up oh-so-many-time walking around Hommlet (when you have been playing this game for so long, it's kinda boring doing all the "from Jaroo to Terjon and back to the Druid but wait, because you also have to see Marek and..."). Well, the point is that I found this, in this thread:
    I can't get the "speedup" to work, I get a error message like this:
    Anyone knows what's this about? I've tried with numbers in the parenthesis, hoping that I could be so lucky to success, but I didn't, just the plain-old message that I quoted.

Also, what's the use of the "alldie()" script? It's just for modding, or does it have some other use? I've also tried but I get the same message. Maybe neither of them are working, I don't know.

Thanks!
    Fernando

2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

If you have installed Co8 and cumulative fixes 5.0.3 or 5.0.4
    you don't need any function like that. There is a signpost which
    lets you 'teleport' to various places around Hommlet. It's just outside
    the Welcome Wench inn.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

To get the script to work in the console you should type...

from batch import*

alldie()
    speedup()

because you first have to plug in the script you want to call the command from. But like maggit say's the Signpost out side of the Inn can get you there much faster.

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  4. Fernando

Never saw that Signpost in Hommlet, is it the same as in Nulb? The one in Nulb is really usefull, but I've never seen the one in Hommlet... Oh, I forgot... I'm using 5.0.3.

Maybe I've messed it up during install... in some days I'll give a try to 5.0.4, I don't want to do it now 'cause I believe I would lose my mid-level party. Thanks for the reply!
    Fernando

/Edit (after Allyx): I've also tried that, but it's the same error message. Still, the Hommlet signpost should be the answer, and it's not working. I guess maybe I should "speedup" my update to 5.0.4 then :eek:_O: Thanks for answering, still.

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  5. maggit

The question is when did you upgrade to 5.0.3. If it had been
    after starting you game, this may be the reason why the post
    is not present.

6. Fernando

No, that's the strange thing. I started this and -at least- another game with the 5.0.3 installed. The Nulb Signpost was present all the time, but I've never seen the Hommlet one. I assume that it's placed in front of the Inn, and has the same "appeal" that the one in Nulb, right?

7. maggit

You probably haven't cleared your map cache.

EDIT: Sorry for having sounded so confident. :blush:
    That was rude of me.

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  8. Fernando

Yes, I've done it (with the FrontEnd). Gotta be something else, I believe...

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Does it still look like a zombie? If so, that's something else that needs changed.

10. Fernando

Wait... he's not supposed to be a zombie!!??

Ok, there's something wrong with my install, I believe... I got ONE -not two-... zombie. Standing there, waiting for me to charge-attack him... because that's obviously what I did the first time. And maybe the second time :mrhappy:

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

There's only one zombie - the one in Nulb. In Hommlet there is an actual signpost outside the Welcome Wench. Are you positive it's not there? It doesn't exactly grab your attention.

Looks like this:

Attached Files:

12. Fernando

Ok, I knew that Intelligence & Wisdom shouldn't be my RL dump stats... all along I was looking for a Zombie-post, not a *real* one. I know, you said it from the beggining, and it was I who thought "oh, right, they say that because they don't wan't to spoil the zombie-surprise".

Nevermind, the years have not been kind with myself, I believe :D... it's there, and it's working. Thanks all, and hopefully this was a good lesson for all: kids, ALWAYS max out your Spot skill.

Thanks!

13. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I wonder if some Cuddly Nosferatu couldn't spruce it up. You know..."Verbobonc 10 Leagues" painted on it somehow...?

14. Fernando

Well, a good idea could be that the kid that welcomes you to Hommlet says something like "if I were you, I'd be reading the signpost in front of the Welcome Wench Inn, a lot of visitors usually get lost because they don't pay attention to it".

Of course, maybe he already is saying something like that, and yours truly's "stop talking to me, kiddo!" method wasn't so good as seemed :shame: ...

Our Host!