Smashing things

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Lord Plothos, May 19, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

So, is there a way to open a chest besides lock pick, key, or a knock spell? My sorcerer doesn't have knock, my rogue (who I fightered up) is two shy with his lock pick, and I don't have the key. 3.5 rules say I should be able to smash it open, but my party (with two greatswords and a heavy mace, by the way) are apparently stumped as to what to do.
    Am I screwed?

2. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

if you have a wizard you can scribe knock scolls for opening locked things.

3. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

he said he is a sorcerer... and even if he had a wizard, you cannot scribe a spell you dont know, and if his wizard knew it he would have just casted it instead of scribing it!

ToEE doesnt allow bashing, you cannot destroy chests or doors etc.. you must open them (yea i know annoying)
    and there is a VERY simple solution to your problem, go to brayne and rufus at homlet, buy a scroll of knock, and use it to open said locked item with your sorcerer, since its on his spell list as its the same a wizard's he will automatically succeed in using it, you just have to pay for the scroll, which is a bummer...

4. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Thanks. I figured I'd have to window shop in Nulb and Hommlet to find a knock scroll, so thanks for shortening that little project. I just wondered because it should be so easy to implement (just attack the box) and because I recall somebody somewhere saying something about barbarians bashing chests. Guess he was just loopy. But thanks again.

Our Host!