Single Attack, Full Attack, Coup de grace and Shortcut questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blackjack, Oct 16, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackjack

blackjack Member

I'm working on some keyboard shortcuts which brought up a few questions.

Is single attack or Full attack done by default for a melee character? If not could you explain the value of these actions. I know Full attack uses all attacks w/o movement.

Isn't Coup de grace done automatically? ie is there a need for a shortcut key.

I'm wondering which radial dial items are worth a shortcut. How about Trip, Toal Defense, Ready vs X?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

1. If you have more than one attack it will do full attack if you have haven't used your movement yet excluding 5 step. You will want to do full attack if you have several attacks and several opponents around you so if the first attack kills the target you can use the next one to target a different one.

2. I dont think so. I dont use it that much but deep into a game I usually have it mapped

3. Some of the keys I always do are:

T trip
    Z charge
    X 5 foot step
    A full attack (All attack)
    S single attack

I set those at the beggining of the game and then use q-r for the readys and such and d-g and v-m for whatever else

3. blackjack

blackjack Member

I don't fully follow the difference between Full and Single.
    Full is blow all attacks on this target? or just the opposite?

I follow what the Readys do but what scenarios are the useful?

4. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

1. Full attack tells the comp that you only have a 5 foot step move left and want to split attacks or trip more than once. If you don's specify full attack then the comp assumes you want to unload all on the target you click on.

2. ready vs. spell is useful if you want to interupt a caster with a magic missle or missle weapon. Ready vs. Approach sometimes but it is hard to say exactly. You can always just delay that PC.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Possible spoiler below!!!!

I use ready verses approach all the time.
    I like to bottle neck the bad guys where they have to pass by a few of my Melee guys to get to my wizard, can't always count on AoO.
    The moat house group in the top right corner of the first floor is a good example;
    I set up my hitters just outside the door before I open it and my wizard just a ways back but not too far where they can't see her and as they go straight for her they get WHACKED even with an excellent tumble roll, because ready version approach overrides it.

6. blackjack

blackjack Member

Great information and examples. I'm just amazed at how good this game and community are.

So Ready vs Approach really work best when you can't reach someone or you are "setting a AoO trap"

7. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

It is mix and match,depends on your surroundings and if you are using combat reflexes or not(best with this). And depends on weapon type... the moathouse is and example at work,but if they are asleep via your Mage you have to adapt.

#Reach weapons!!!!

Our Host!