Sef Flettner

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Salk, Jan 26, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Salk

Salk Established Member

Hello!

I noticed a dialogue awkardness the first time I entered the Teamster's house and spoke to him:

Player: "Hello, I am (Player's Name)."
    Teamster: "What can I do for you?"
    Player: "I've changed my mind." <-- This was the only choice. What does that mean? Changed their mind about what?

If I talk to him right away again. I have the choice of asking other questions but when I do, I get again the "I've changed my mind" as only answer available.

Shouldn't the dialogue be improved a bit there to make more sense?

2. Murlynd

Murlynd The White Paladin

Hey Salk,

What's the Gather Information skill of your talker? Also have you started any of Black Jay's quests? :gotmyatte

3. Sutemi

Sutemi Member

I don't quite agree with you.

The teamster is there to provide service. When you enter his establishment, it's assumed that you are there to do business and not just have a chat. If you, out of the blue, say that you've changed your mind, it's assumed that you don't want to do business.

I think it would be a standard conversation if I client stepped into a shop or a hairdresser, started with a "hello", looked around, claimed that he or she has changed his/her mind and then promptly leaving.

Maybe you guys in Sweden are just too polite when doing business :) Here the clients just grunt.

4. Salk

Salk Established Member

Hi Murlynd!

The gather information skill is 3. I guess there might be other alternatives if it's higher but nonetheless, despite what Sutemi says, I think it's strange. For Black Jay I have retrieved a ring.

Sutemi, in Hommlet I can enter the house of many artisans, including the leather worker and the tailor. A non business related dialogue is supported there like in any other place. I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
Our Host!