Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Gaear, May 8, 2011.

Remove all ads!
?

Do you want to use the Reputation feature here at Co8?

Poll closed May 22, 2011.
  1. Yes.

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. No.

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. I don't care.

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, one of the potential new features of the new (for us) vBulletin is Reputation. This is the Reputation vBulletin FAQ entry, for your review:

Now, the question is, do you want this here at Co8? Please vote in the poll.

2. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

What benefit will this have, Gaear?

3. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

I voted dont care. Not because I dont care, but because I cannot predict how it would turn out. But I can say this is one of the better forums of this type already, and the flaming and snarkiness of most RPG-focused forums is conspicuously absent here. So maybe it's best not to implement this.

4. Gaear

I will refrain from making a value judgement on Reputation (that's what this poll is supposed to determine) or stumping for or against, but it is offered now because it is a new thing with the new vBulletin. So in that sense, a 'benefit' is that you would be using a new feature that wasn't available before.

5. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

My concern is that some members might refrain from posting and others might feel badly about their 'reputation.' My posts, for example, are sometimes (I feel) quite good and other times absolute crap. I don't post very often anymore because I felt like they were mostly becoming just crap.

So many different people here and with such varied viewpoints and English language skills. I don't know. I think I'm going to vote 'no.'

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

ooooh, next can we have achievement tags and some kind of fake Karma that other posters can click + or - on?

Yes, yes ... I'm being facetious.

If we did wish to add a new feature, I would ask for a one click "Report this post" button.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Established Member Administrator

You mean like that exclamation mark icon below your posts count? :D

8. Gaear

In my experience, the phrase "quality of [] posts" would be inaccurate. For example, it's unlikely that someone would read a post and think, "The punctuation ... flawless! The letters ... they jumped off the page in a brazen flash of turquoise from an ocean floor of obsidian gray! Positive rep! Positive rep!" :p

More likely would be a scenario where someone posts a bug and I say "You are an ignorant ass-turd," and then they give me negative rep for being a d*ck. ;)

9. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

It would basically be a(n un)popularity contest. Now if it paid cash prizes...

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

See ... I already hold the power to have my wishes granted BEFORE I ask for them. :google:

I am aware that you probably spent a lot of time thinking ... just what will sirchet ask for next and how can we implement it before he wants it? :paranoid:

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Established Member Administrator

Yea, it's keeping me up at night...

Btw, I don't think that this was mentioned here but reputation can be set up in such a way that users can only leave positive rep. If you take negative rep out of the equation it's safe to put on pretty much any site as it basically becomes a thank-you system.

12. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

Wait, wait, set it up so that users can only give NEGATIVE reputation!!!

This would be so much more entertaining!

<evil laughter>

13. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

I'm rather indifferent to the idea, though I question it's potential necessity given this forums already good reputation.

Sergio's option dues warrant further, serious, consideration, however.

Our Host!