Quests not working?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by flamedance58, Sep 13, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. flamedance58

flamedance58 Member

I don't know if I just did this wrong but somehow I made it so the quests won't continue..

I used a Heal Scroll on the Leatherworker's brother before talking to him but I still got the same dialogue with him agreeing to join St.Cuthbert but Terjon won't say anything about letting the Miller's partner convert.
    Jaroo will also not say anything other than he can convert people from Cuth > Old but he needs Terjon to agree.

I also can't seem to get the miller to let me talk to Jaroo and Terjon about how his partner wants to convert...

I'm really hoping I didn't screw myself over and have to start over for the 2nd time.

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

That line of quests worked perfectly when I did it using the Circle of Eight modpack 5.8.1 NC. Here's a walkthrough so that you can see where you are going wrong:

Farmers’ Feud

This is actually a rather prolonged quest involving several people (or series of quests, depending on how you look at it) and more than one romantic relationship. What is now described below is a smooth sequence that will make it all come together.

First, visit Percy at #1. He and his brother and fellow farmer, Filliken, are at odds over the sharing of space in the same barn. The solution that both he and his wife, Gwynneth, propose is that a widow named Mathilde could marry Filliken, and then buy him a new barn as a dowry.

Filliken can be found in the house just north of the barn located at #5. He simply isn’t warm to any suggestion that involves accommodating Percy, even for a new barn.

Mathilde can be found in the house located at #4. Mathilde already has her sights set on Filliken, and would gladly buy a new barn for him. Unfortunately, the local carpenter claims to be too busy to bother with such a project.

Rik Likin, the carpenter, can be found at #13. His real problem with building a barn is that he doesn’t feel very welcome in Hommlet, being a member of the church of St. Cuthbert, which in turn affects his business. He would like to make a public gesture by having his brother Marek convert to the Old Faith, and then marry Filliken’s daughter, Althea. Marek is more than agreeable. Both brothers feel that such a move would make them more accepted by the locals.

Now it is time to speak to Jaroo Ashstaff, the resident druid of Hommlet. He can be found at #9. In principle, Jaroo doesn’t oppose Marek’s conversion. However, he does try to maintain at least neutral relations with the canon of the church of St. Cuthbert, Terjon. Before Jaroo will perform the conversion, Terjon’s consent must be obtained first.

Now head over to the church of St. Cuthbert, located at #33. Remember, you need to pay a 10gp donation to Calmert on the first floor before you can speak to Terjon. Terjon will be found on the second floor of the church, in the south corner. Terjon is willing to allow Marek’s conversion only if Jakko, the local leatherworker, can be persuaded to join the church of St. Cuthbert.

Jakko Barton can be found at #6. He is only willing to convert upon a sufficiently impressive display of St. Cuthbert’s power. To be specific, he wants his brother-in-law, Bing, to be cured of a curse that renders Bing inept. Terjon has apparently already declared such an act beyond his means. However, Jakko’s wife, Lisbeth, hints that the Church might have a scroll or potion lying around that could help.

Back to the church of St. Cuthbert we go. Again, go up the stairs to the second level. Notice that there will be a bookcase on either side of the staircase. Click on the one to the right. One of the scrolls will be a Scroll of Heal. Be sure that it is properly ‘identified’ as a Scroll of Heal before heading back to Jakko’s place.

Now use the Scroll of Heal on Bing. His head should clear up instantly. Jakko now gives his nod to joining the fold of St. Cuthbert.

Speak to Terjon. Terjon reluctantly keeps his word, and gives Marek permission to convert to the Old Faith. For this turn of events, the party gets an experience point reward.

First, go back to Jaroo at #9 and inform him of Terjon’s newly given consent. Jaroo acknowledges the consent and will perform the conversion.

Now make your way back to Rik and Marek at #13. Marek informs you that he and Althea have already planned their marriage. Rik now agrees to make building a barn his top priority, provided he is assured by Mathilde that it will be paid for.

Go back to Mathilde at #4. She informs you that she will speak to Rik about purchasing the new barn.

Now its time to come full circle and speak with Filliken at #5. Filliken isn’t about to agree to a new barn just for the sake of making peace with Percy. It takes the suggestion of courting Mathilde to make progress. Even so, he remains reluctant because he feels that he hasn’t mourned enough for his previous wife as of yet.

Since Filliken is Old Faith, the logical next step is to speak to Jaroo again at #9. Jaroo explains to you that 1 year is enough to mourn the passing of a spouse.

Now come back to Filliken at #5 and tell him that Jaroo feels that he’s mourned long enough. The feud is now settled, and the party reaps an experience point reward.

3. flamedance58

flamedance58 Member

Oh wait there we go.

My problem? A lack of 1 point of Diplomacy. The moment I got it everything started moving forward.

You may lock this or simply let it die.

Our Host!