Quest Question Spoiler

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by UncleBuck, Aug 21, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Having a problem with the Who's raiding the trading quest. I can't seem to get it started. My party has
    successfully rescued the merchant from the caves and joined the guild, but has no further luck. I'm pretty sure that I get the quest from head of the guild, but whenever my PC speaks to him, there is no option for the quest. Is there something else I need to complete or some level of skill necessary to wheedle the quest out of him?

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Once you've
    joined the guild, restart the dialog with the guildmaster. There should be a choice that says: "I've been wondering how I can better serve the Guild.". The quest should evolve
    from there.

EDIT: Ted I'm not sure if this is a bug or a case of "that's the way it's supposed to work", so I'll add it here for you to see before I post it as real bug.

(spoiler / technical gobledygoop)

When you get to the dialog option with the guildmaster "I've been wondering how I can better serve the Guild.", it initiates a chain of dialog that eventually leads to you getting the "Who's Raiding the Trading" quest. However if your group party level is less than 3, he tells you to come back when you have more scalps under you belt and you can discuss the matter again. It then sets the quest to "qs_mentioned". All good so far.

Flash ahead to when you are a few levels higher and come back to accept the quest, you need to get the dialog again for "I've been wondering how I can better serve the Guild." to get things rolling. However, in order to get that line, the quest state must be "qs_unknown". But since is was set to qs_mentioned when you were lower levels, this will never happen.

So the quest is blocked if you discuss it the first time at lower levels.

(end spoiler)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah that's a bug, good detective work Marc.

4. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Marc-- I've spoken to the
    head of the guild
    numerous times and never gotten that option. Don't think it came up when my party was at lower levels and now it isn't coming up at 6th level. Any other ideas??

5. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

The only other thing I can see is that
    if you have already completed the "Caravan of Courage" quest (check your log book), that dialog that initiates the "Who's Raiding the Trading" quest from the guild master will be blocked. I'm not sure why that is the case, I have to rethink the details of each of those quests and see where the overlap is.

Our Host!