Punch list for 5.0.0 beta

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Cerulean the Blue, Jun 20, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

It's time we start thinking about moving 5.0.0 out of beta and putting this release to bed. With that in mind, I'm starting a punch list of things that need to be finished, fixed, tested or resolved.

I will be moderating this thread very closely, to keep it on track. If a post is off topic it will be removed. Discussion of the items on the list is encouraged and welcome, but keep it on topic. I will update the item on the list in this post as they come in, and note when items on the list have been finalized. My goal is to have 5.0.0 out of beta by the end of June.

The Punch List

- The Hezrou Stench: I have yet to hear any feedback on the current changes.

- Verbobonc: Is it good as is, or do we need additions/changes before final release?

- The Moathouse Respawn: Is it good to go, or is more work needed?

- Goblin Gone: I haven't heard anything about this one yet either.

- The Ogre Cave Orc Pre-spawn: In, out, good, buggy? Need feedback.

- The Cleaing the Moathouse Quest: Being worked on by Zeb.

This is all off the top of my head. I'm sure I missed a few. Lets go people. :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ag's fix for the Green Ball seems to work (I tested returning to the map & camping there, though ideally people will only go there once). Posting the fix on the 5.0.0 beta thread now.

We'll need feedback on the Moathouse respawn, I have fixed all the bugs that I know of (Gaear's 0rion-like moment with the stirges is something I have not been able to replicate but will keep at it).

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I think I've already worked out all the bugs in Verbobonc that I've heard about (please correct me if i'm wrong though).

Goblin gone works fine for good groups, not tested the others yet.

No more problems with the cloak of elvenkind.

I'm gonna test the pre-spawn today, I'll let you guy's know of any problems as soon as I find any.

4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Working on a more elegant solution for the 'problems' around the Clearing the Moathouse quest. When are you planning to end the beta because I don't want to have to ask someone else to come in and fix my screwups because I didn't test enough?

5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Sorry. I haven't had time to fire up ToEE lately. I'll try spawning the Hezrou and fighting it with a test party and start up a new game and try to cruise through to the new spawns as soon as I can.

6. bigron

bigron Member

Goblin gone works fine for a neutral party.:grin:

7. Cerulean the Blue

I've taken the Gnarley Forest off the list, as it seems to be fixed. Same goes for the Cloak of Elvenkind. I've added the Clear the Moathouse Quest, as Zeb is working on it.

Still need more feedback on the rest of the list. Allyx says Verbo-mod is good, but I still want some more input.

8. Shiningted

The only outstading issue with the Moathouse respawn was Gaear's funhouse moment with the stirges. I have not been able to replicate it, using an older version of 5.0.0 (post stirges, of course) and then again with the very latest cumulative fixes. I tihnk it was just one of those moments: I had one like it in the Wench the other day, the game went into slide-show mode, I went upstairs then came back down and it was gone. Meh, its that sort of game. :shrug:

9. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Sorry to be obnoxious again with my not-so-user-friendly tools and all, but can I recommend trying to do the sector sorting on the Hommlet Exterior where Ted has added a door to Frank's house in the very beginning, and also all maps where static objects might have been added (Verbobonc included), in order to prevent possible random problems with disappearing statics? Of course, if someone decides to do this, it should be done on a separate installation and tested afterwards because I haven't heard any feedback about SectorSort since it was released (although all my tests showed it's safe to use, but you never know what bug I might have missed out). If you think this is a bad idea, that's OK, I'm just suggesting a possibility for future bug prevention.

- Agetian

10. Cerulean the Blue

Okay folks. I'm drawing the line.

Deadline for New Material: June 30th
    @Shiningted: That means that it must be posted before 12:00 AM GMT on July 1st.

Deadline for testing and bug fixes: July 7th
    @Shiningted: That means that it must be posted before 12:00 AM GMT on July 8th.

Let the games begin.

Please posts any objections you may have to these deadlines.

11. Shiningted

Don't blame me because I'm a day ahead of you.

Just for that, I'm not telling you your future. Go ahead and eat that seafood, its perfectly safe.

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well suck on this ted