Pruning the Stickies

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Zebedee, Jan 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Any chance of a mod or admin having a bit of a prune of the stickied post in the forums? There are a lot of them and I'm sure some of them can be cut loose without offending the mod author. This is especially true of the general discussion forum. Perhaps some of you guys can get together in IRC and decide what really needs the sticky tag ?

Might be an idea to discuss the layout of the site too as it seems that there is a lot of overlap going on between where individual mods are kept and where someone with a question is expected to post.

Just a thought to help ease new users into the site without feeling overwhelmed.

I

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Good idea. I already unstickied a few obsolete ones the other day, but there's still a whole lot of the sticky stuff. Let's do some (early) spring cleaning!

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

(or late as the case may be)

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey Morph -

Could we get the "New Visitors" thread I just did stickied in the regular forum?

(Oh sorry, this thread is for getting rid of stickies. ;) )

Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The stickies are a bit of a moot point (for me at least) as I almost exclusively use the new posts button (or the back button if 1 minute hasn't passed since last time I pressed it).

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

threads to de-sticky IMO

Temple of Elemental Evil...
    New PC voices, get em while they're hot! - Teds last post says to de-sticky it
    Current mods & patches - how current is it really, the questions asked in this tread are asked in about 50 other threads

"Humble NPCs" patch - its in Co8 4
    Ted's mod is HERE - has only been used to discuss Teds mod, also in Co8 4

maybe the links in the downloads section need to be updated as well...
    Official releases: A step-by-step download guide - no mention of Co8 4.0.1
    Additional bug fixes & content - it mentions that most of the links in that are in Co8 4 but its kinda not even bolded or anything (and people like me miss stuff like that)

general modification...
    Protos.tab Fields - with ToEEWB we don't need this thread
    make your npc's level like pc's - goes on and off topic, its old news (maybe there should be a forum for old stickys like Negative Energy Plane

Our Host!