Protos.tab editor question

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Obex, Oct 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Obex

Obex Member

Ok, maybe this is a dumb question, but im having trouble getting the protos editor to work. the protos.tab loads, but the only field that i can edit is the first column of index numbers. how do i go about editing the other values? please advise.

OK 22 views and no responses. Even a f*** you, Obex would have been something. I guess its back to notepad editing.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  2. Shin

Shin Established Member

Yes, notepad... works fine a little slow to load tho.

3. Joviex

Joviex Member

F*** you, Obex.

Ok, seriously.... I am currently doing, not sure about everyone else who was, a Proto Editor. Matter of fact I basically have re-written JaDE over the last few days (while watching post season Baseball so things are going a little slow).

I have angled it more towards a real Editing Suite for the various files, rather than a viewer with a few panels for ediitng as an after thought.

It should be sometime this weekend when I post the build, hopefully with full dialog editing and mostly every proto type with a seperate data panel.

In the meantime, Wordpad wouldn't be my choice. I would try to use Excel, if you have it, or Access, or OpenOffice. However, the MS poducts do have a 255 field limit, so take heed. Although if you just want weapons, armour, etc... not NPC/PC info you should be good to go.

4. Obex

Obex Member

Hey, thanks for the info. im looking forward to your editor release.

5. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

Re: Re: Protos.tab editor question

Sweet - this is the kind of think I just don't have the time to do but would if I could.

Keep up the good work :)

6. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

I noticed that it was viewing only and offered my programing ability early but no body said it was needed. I thought someone was going to make a proggy. Anyway I decided yesterday to make a simple one and will post it in its own thread, and maybe the tools thread.... Like I said it is just a simple thing right now.

Our Host!