Prince Thrommel and other questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Scryler, Jan 23, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I am guessing that it is advantageous to take Prince Thrommel into the party? Or not? How does one get his sword?

Also...if I take him into the party, I have to let either Elmo or Otis go. I can get Elmo back, but not Otis. But I like Elmo better than Otis. Which one should I pick?

I could go ahead and just find out, I guess...but I think this is a crucial decision?

Thanks for any advice.

2. Greylan

Greylan Established Member

It's not too crucial, Thrommel will only be in your party for a short time. He's royalty after all, and likely very behind in his paperwork. If you can get Elmo back, you could drop him until Thrommel leaves the group. :)

Edit: To get the actual sword he's wielding, you'd have to steal it. If you save him from the temple he'll send people to reward you properly, including a sword very similar to his.

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ Or you can kill him and take the sword =))

4. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

But you miss out on the reward (or should), and it's pretty nice.

Of course, I have acted quickly and attacked the reward party. For, um, replayability, and to see what I could loot from them. Yeeeah.

5. maalri

maalri Immortal

I usually drop Meleny and pick up Thrommel- until we get outside the Temple- then he takes off- but yeah the Sword he sends as a reward - Scather- is the same as his- Fragarach - IIRC.

Definitely worth dumping an NPC for a few mintues IMHO.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ Well, unless you are playing an evil party, especially LE, in which case there is no logical reason to let him leave =)

7. Scryler

What happens to my Paladin if I take him in...even if it is only for a short while?

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Rescuing the leader (or heir to the throne or whatever he is exactly) of a powerful nation of good is not going to do anything bad for your pally. From a pally RPing perspective, it's almost a requirement - assuming you don't go KOS on him when the game labels him a vampire. :chainsaw::tombstone

9. Scryler

KOS? (Yes, I am really that uh dumb)

10. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

KOS means Kill on Sight, My Queen. Usually used in MMO's. (Massive Multiplayer Online games, think: World of Warcraft)

No, you're not! An unfamiliarity with gaming terms is never the a sign of "being dumb".
    Hell, there are still tons of terms I'm not familiar with.

11. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Bah - If you haven't picked up all the lingo you should probably be lauded for not spending too much of your life on these boards. (They tell me reality is an ok place to be, but I'm not so sure... online alternate reality seems safer somehow.)

12. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

Not to nickpick at you, but I thought World of Warcraft was a MMORPG. (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)

I know not much diferance but I fancied being pedantic; and plus, I like the longer name.

13. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Anything good? I accidentally nuked the Elven party that rewards you for saving somebody. They had worst stuff than a horde of goblins.

14. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Umm, I have never tested this, but it's a possibility that your paladin might fall if you do kill Trommel. If you save him, it's a good thing =)

I'm talking EVIL parties here!

15. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Oh I've killed Thrommel, when I turned the corner and spotted a vampire. I didn't have a Pally, so not sue there, but you get everything he has I've also rescued him, then taken all his stuff and sent him home naked. He says he has business in Verbonic, you think he'd be more appreciative that I teleported him right there!

Incidentally, my NG party also took out the adventuring party after thet refused to hand over all there stuff. Great XP and I really needed their magic items. Only felt sorry for the dog.

Our Host!