Premade 'Toffee' Pro Modules Discussion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Cerulean the Blue, Sep 2, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Re: Premade 'Toffee' 3 Pro modules

Thank you so much Allyx. Somebody needed to do this. I'm glad you took the initiative.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well there's a lot to do for my next patch but I won't be going to bed til its done, so lets say within 12 hours from when this is posted, max.

And thanks Allyx.

[Edit] Some hours later... was good to go, and found some new stuff has arrived to include. Well, on the upley side, a couple new combat voices will be included, easter eggs more than anything.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  3. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Is it possible to run multiple Toffee mods simultaneously? Say, Liv, Arena of Heroes, your rings, and Ted's mod?

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yes, frontend 3 pro allows you to install multiple versions of the game files, choose which mod you want to play, which .dll fixes you want to apply, your Max level cap, and launch the game. Each module will have its own players and savegame folders. Oh and BTW Ted's 1.2.0 mod - complete with shopmap V2 is available to download now.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2005
  5. Old Book

Thanks. Also, groovy. :)

Tried out the Shopmap v2, liked it a lot. Was able to set my characters up with a much more logical equipment set.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2005
  6. Allyx

Thanks dude, what do you think of the mods themselves?

7. Old Book

Not sure this is what you're asking, but:

Liv's Mod: This is what brought me back to TOEE in the first place. The first real roleplaying opportunities to be added to the game. No amount of praise is too much. Not a single mega-item. My only very minor complaint is the inflation of the need for Rogues, and I can see why she did it. That she did this with very limited available modding tools is just amazing.

Ted's Mod(s): Love the additional voices, love the playful NPCs. With Drifter's Humble NPCs patch and some Protos editing, I'm finally able to run a two or three PC, three or four NPC party. Add in the extra NPC bits in the primary Ted's Mod storyline, and I was able to use Elmo and Ottis and feel like it was woth doing. I'm neutral about the Ultima shout-outs, but the extra quest and character bit are more than worth it.

Drifter's Patches: I use all of them. The Max HP patch does lower the dificulty of the game, which means I have to find other ways to raise it again, but it also lets me actually keep track of my Animal Companion's HPs and those of my targets, and it saves the frustration that comes from crappy rolls. I wouldn't mind an "Always Average HP" patch instead, but I doubt there'd be much demand for it. Humble NPCs plus Ted's mod made NPCs worth using for me. Liv tried to fix the problem (as did the Co8 patch), but her dialog based fix never seemed to work properly in my installs.

Co8 Patches: The game would not have been playable without these. The entire Co8 team deserves endless thanks and praise over them.

Allyx's Items/Rings/Shop: Nice, well balanced items that fit seamlessly into the game. I like having more stuff worth crafting, and it makes you feel much more like you earned the stuff. The Shop allows for much better control over sarting equipment, and reminds me of old high school D&D games where you started in peasant's clothes and had to go shopping before heading out of town.

Cujo's Mod: I love the look of the new armors, tattoos and items. I'd rather get them off dead enemies or craft them myself than buy them or console them in, but Ted has done a good job integrating them into the game. The Shop Map helps here as well. The Royal Armor is too powerful for anything except a very high cost crafted item (3000 XP or so) or something taken after a major fight, but if the only way to get it is to rob/kill Thrommel then it's fine.

Darmagon's New Spells: Haven't played much with these, but I think the new Paladin and Ranger spells come from him. The new Paladin and Ranger stuff works well and makes those classes a bit stronger at higher (no level cap) levels, even if spell casting is not a primary role for either class.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Note: Scorching Ray was done by moebius2778, with audio by Ted.

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Dude...is that Pete Townsend?
    :poke:

10. Old Book

Thanks. Editing.

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Nope not me, it was there when I got here, I havn't touched it.

[EDIT] the royal armour is kinda over powered but I kinda made it for Prince Thrommel as he's a prince and all.

[second EDIT] Also one of the main reasons I made the Royal Armour is because I like fighters, but a fighter with no social skills isn't that usefull so I made some armour that a fighter could wear and get those skills, if I could made it so that only a fighter could equip royal armour I would've.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  12. Old Book

The armor looks great, the skill bonus just feels a bit high. OTOH, if killing Prince Thrommel / stealing it off him is how the player is meant to get it, then it's fine. His item collection is meant to be uber. :)

Fixing the Sorcs Helm comment now.

13. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

in the shinning ted pack 1.2.0 is the juggernut fix in there??

also does it have allyx items and allyx got rings??

i thought those were built into one of the mods in the teds 1.2.0 toeeFE pack

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

In a round about way the Sword of Cahoem is a juggernaut fix, just be careful or you might loose an eye...

15. Allyx

Yes ted included the juggernaught fix to his mod in one of the patches he did for his mod.

The 'items' was written for Livonya's kids/traps mod and Morpheus' Arena of Heroes (before Liv's 1.0).

The 'got rings?' items were written for Liv's 1.5.1.

Teds mod includes all the items in the previous versions and a lot more items and quite a few fixes for those items too.

Our Host!