Party Alignment relevance for Elf rescue (Sir Juffer etc) reward

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Legless, Nov 26, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Legless

Legless Established Member

Hi,
    can anyone tell me what effect the party aligment has on the reward for rescuing the Countess and Sir Juffer?
    With a CG party with all CG characters, you get the Blue elven mail as well as 100 plat per character, although I'm not sure about npc's in the party.
    I'm currently playing with a CN party alignment with a CG member and I only get the Plat, even if I open the dialogue with a CG character. It would be interesting to know if a CE party decided to free them instead of leave or kill them, what reward they would get.

Thanks in advance

2. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

I believe that all goodly aligned parties get the blue elven chain. I don't know about evil parties. I guess I should run a few; apparently I am missing some interesting content.

3. Legless

Thanks Sonofliberty,
    I didn't realise that party alignment had more influence that individual alignment. You live and learn.
    I suppose I'll have to try all the combinations eventually, but playing a CE party sort of reduces the quests you can realistically do if you are true to role. A CE wouldn't want to help anyone unless there was something in it for them and doing a good deed would be against their doctrine. Maybe I don't really understand the true meaning of good, neutral and evil as it pertains to rpg's. Note to self; Some research is necessary!

4. Legless

just out of interest, I just attacked and killed the elf reward party on sight and got a blue and green elven chain armour plus short and long +1, cloak and boots of elvenkind and between 4 and 10 plat from each member of the reward party. And of course all their mundane equipment. So while the value doesn't equal the reward of 7 x 100 plat you do get the 2 x elven chainmail plus the other arcane goodies.
    I don't know a NC party would normally act like this and I don't know the implications of such behaviour for my party, but thought I'd give it a shot anyway.
    One thing I don't get though, where is the 100 plat per party member reward?

5. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Alas as it is a computer game there will be no implications - in Pnp every worthy knight in Veluna would recognise you for the craven beasts you clearly are...

6. Legless

In my CN parties defence, I have to add that they thought such utterly despicable actions were beneath them and made me reload to before the meeting

But honestly, If I killed them and burned the bodies in some remote place who would find out?

7. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

The people who sent the reward party out and follow their trail when they don't return. They will enquire whether their personal items have been used or sold

Your party might even be powerful enough to radiate evil

Npc paladins will respond to you just as pc paladins engage with Zert and Kobort's monkish friend.

8. Legless

good point. I reloaded in any case as I don't an evil party.... yet

Our Host!