Outdated modpack discussion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by LarkinVB, Mar 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. LarkinVB

LarkinVB Member

Why not the 3rd patch without the dll fix ?

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Well, the third official patch seems to fix one issue: the DirectX looting bug. The tempel.dll fix by moebius2778 fixes not only the looting bug, but also a myriad of other issues. So there's no point in installing the patch 3, really. Moreover, while the fixed temple.dll is known to work with patch 2, there might be issues with patch 3.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Fixes.

I can verify that the patches/fixes you suggest work real well. Plus the fixes you sent me for the elvenmaiden and knight worked good too. The game actually plays pretty well now. Thanks a lot for your help.

4. OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer Lurking Sith

I'm having extreme difficulty connecting with mobeus' patch. For some odd reason, it keeps trying to load it as a page instead of downloading it. This is quite unusual.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

6. Morpheus

I have added local mirrors for all of the files. Enjoy! ;)

7. thegeoff

thegeoff Member

Ummm

ok How do I use this? I have downloaded the files, and unzipped them and placed them in my ToEE file. but how do i run the program or whatnot? I checked out a .dll file and it says I should never have to 'run' that type of program...Sooo how do i go about using this file ?

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

temple.dll runs when the game runs, so just launch normally and (if you installed it properly) you should soon see the many improvements.

9. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

You don't have to run it. If you extract the zip file into your Temple of Elemental Evil folder and respond "Yes to all" when it asks you to overwrite, you should be good to go.

10. Doyle

Doyle Member

New To This

I just got TOEE this week. I am allready hooked though!!! Little sleep and lots of caffenine...

Anyway, I downloaded the offical patches from TOEE (2 and 3) and I was wondering if there was a certain order in which I should download the patches above...and do I download them the same as I did the official patches? I am not all that computer literate outside of PC Role Playing Games yet...

Any help would be greatly appriciated...I'm really hooked on this game and want to have the best updates. Thanks for the help!!!

Doyle

P.S. - is there a place anyone would reccomend that I could go to post really elementary questions about the game?

11. Morpheus

Just download the mods & patches listed in my above post (you don't need any others) and install them in that order. I don't know what you mean by "do I download them the same as I did the official patches". ???

If you want to post questions about the game, why don't you post them here? Alternatively, you could try the official Atari ToEE forums or the GameBanshee forums.

12. Doyle

Doyle Member

So there's no point in installing the patch 3, really. Moreover, while the fixed temple.dll is known to work with patch 2, there might be issues with patch 3.

I allready installed patch 3...I just didn't know if it would mess things up with the others. Thanks for the help!!!

Doyle

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

It's a lovely April morning in Manchester, UK. By lovely I mean it's not raining. Yet. Oh yeah, bump.

14. Martinius

Martinius Member

Well, someone I love is down there in Manchester, so I'm glad for the both of you. Hope the rain, when it comes, does not fall horizontally ... all day. ;)

15. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

It never rains in Manchester. I am not a liar. Discuss...

(bada bump)

Our Host!