Old files don't exist ????

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by silvannus, Jun 29, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. silvannus

silvannus Member

I've installed the spanish version, but as it is quite buggy I wanted to apply the 2nd official patch.

When I apply the patch it decompresses the files and gives me a warning that says

"Old File does not exist"

Someone knows what does it mean?

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

One of the files the patch program is trying to update does not exist. I suspect it is looking for a file that is installed with patch 1.0 (maybe ToEE4.dat?).

Don't pay too much attention to that message, since the patch installs fine anyway.

You should be aware, though, that all in-game text will be in English after you update the localized game versions with patch 2.0 ...

3. silvannus

silvannus Member

I assumed it was going to happen, but as long as I know there is no way to avoid it (if you want to get rid of all the bugs :) ).

BTW, I already have both versions of Toee (the english and the localized one), and I've extracted everything (the dlg and mes files) so I've begun a new post to ask for help (yours would be really appreciated :) )

Our Host!