Official KotB Demo Final Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jan 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Since I have already found a small bug myself (cutlass is a medium weapon despite being WP Shortsword and can't be finessed - long since fixed in the Co8 patch) I may as well start the bug-list. Hopefully it will be short :) I will try to maintain it as Gaear is maintaining the Co8 5.5 one (acknowledging and numbering bugs etc), so please maintain the high standards of reporting and don't just throw up things like, "I had a problem on one of the maps, please fix!"

Things I would like you to report:

- any and all map issues: lighting, sectoring, pathing, minimaps, anything, I have gone over EVERY DAMN MAP and they should all work nicely.

- obvious bugs: broken dialogue, quests etc

- bad fights: the fights are the heart of this game and should be tough, so if monsters just stand around like idiots, please say so

- things that don't look right, such as inapporpriate portraits on new characters etc

- any pet bugs you have, such as that little s*** Billy: keep reporting 'em til I fix 'em.

Things I would like you not to report:

For those of you who are going to console god-like characters and run amok in there, have fun but as always, no feedback please. :no:

Also, don't report stuff that clearly hasn't been done yet. For instance, I haven't upgraded the Watchmen's attitude to sheathing weapons, so don't mention it please. Some things simply WILL have to wait til the final version.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Maybe I missed it. Is TFE-X supposed to be step 7 in the directions? Or is it in KotB?

3. Shiningted

Ah. Well, inasmuch as it is required you have TFE-X, its assumed you have TFE-X.

If you don't have it, get it HERE.

4. NewbieUser

NewbieUser Member

The wife in the shop where the quest board is located has no chat options. just a 1. and a 2. show up...click one and the chat goes away.

not sure if you knew that or not. I just installed it and will get back to you if i find anymore.

5. Shiningted

Ewww, she is meant to have a bunch to say - don't remember modding her recently. :scratchhe Definitely a bug though, thanks.

6. biobaba

biobaba Member

The theive guildmaster suppose to give me a Black Armor as quest reward.
    But instead I got a ring of clumssy.

7. Shiningted

Oooo you are a long way in.

Ok, I'll check that one too :)

8. NewbieUser

NewbieUser Member

Lady Maeri has some broken dialog options as well. after you kill/charm the dog and work on getting the second quest from her to kill the guy.

John

TED SAYS: Went over every line of dialogue and could not find this: if anyone can confirm? And please be specific about exactly what line led to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
  9. NewbieUser

NewbieUser Member

Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Here is the situ

I just started, walked around the keep and got some quests. Killed the dog, did the sewer duty for laughing at the guard. Went and killed all the spiders and found the merchant down the hole and finished that. Went back to the keep, located the graveyard and then went back into the keep. Now any room i enter, i have tried about 6 crashes my game.

I have gone back 2 save points and played it back through with the same result.

this is a clean install of everthing and i have the actual disc for the game. Windows XP, 1 gig of ram, 128 meg video, 2.4 gig processor laptop. Dell inspiron 9300. It is a few years old but plays this game very well.

john

10. elysestorm

elysestorm Member

When leaving the graveyard area to the left of the Keep's entrance, I find myself at the end of the bridge where I began the game, as opposed to the entrance of the graveyard.

11. biobaba

biobaba Member

There is probabaly something wrong with the dragon encounter.. a copule of odd things I have observed:

1. If I loot the dragon scale or/and the dragon liver. Non of the master work weapons spwaned around the chest after the dragon;s death are able to be picked up again. Those weapons will just stuck on the ground.

TED SAYS: Tested, could not replicate.

2. again if I loot the dragon's scale or/and liver. As I get to the keep, I am either unable to enter any buildings again (nothing would happen when I click on the door icon) or the game will CTD as I enter any buildings in the keep.

the above situation would not happen if I just loot the Ornate Helm and the Dragon Skull... Only the scale and liver would trigger these problems.

TED SAYS: Again, tested it, could not replicate.

Also there is a brown clothing/robe in the dragon loot which does not make any sense.

TED SAYS: Not a bug! The clothing is from his last meal :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
  12. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Ted
    Here are my bugs ( so far )

1.) Enemy crossbowmen charge my party. I would expect someone with a Heavy Crossbow to try to pick off my party from a distance.

2.) Weird "looting" bug at the hollow treestump near the grove. For some reason my Rogue was unable to "loot" the treestump (it didn't matter whether the Rogue was Sneaking or not), but my cleric could.

3.) Weird "Coup De Grace" behavior. Normally I would select the character, select "Coup De Grace" from the Radial Menu and the select the "lucky" recipient. I now have to select my "Couper", right-click on the target, and select Coup De Grace from the Radial menu.

4. ) Billy is misbehaving as usual. I raised my party to 3rd Level and rested in the Inn. When I exited the Inn, there were no guards near the south wall and Billy was nowhere to be seen. When I scrolled around the Keep, I noticed that the Guards at the Main Gate were"combat ready" as were the guards at the "East Gate" (near the Temple of Hieroneous). When I scrolled back to the South or West wall (the wall where you normally encounter Billy), Billy was on the wall, but there were no guards nearby for him to attack, so there was no quest to be given out.

5.) Another weird thing I noticed, my Ranger with a Survival Skill of 6 can't seem to skin anything without ruining it. Even stranger, when I clicked on the Die - roll box to see what the die rolls were, the Die Roll box showed a characters name spelled incorrectly, and that said character ( a 1st Level Cleric with 16 Strength ) had inflicted 60 points of Bludgeoning Damage to the last Wolf my party faced !! Needless to say, I was curious as to how a low level character with a regular mace could inflict so much damage with one hit, so I clicked on the word "Damage" and the Damage Dialogue box showed that my cleric (name spelled correctly) had inflicted only 6 points of damage (still enough to kill the Wolf though)

TRC

13. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

No bugs found yet- wow, you folks are WAY past me (and who is Lady Mieri? I've never met her), but I wanted to say that pathing is OH MY GOD SO MUCH BETTER. My party went from the entry spot (the Traveling ground? :gotmyatte) to the undead at the other side in 1 mouse click.

Thanks, and it looks good!

14. Shiningted

Ooo, a positive post. Love those :) Allow me to do the bugs in dis-consecutive order.
    I forget the DC of skinning, but a fail with a 6 doesn't surprise me.

Vis-a-vis the Die Roll box - not a KotB bug, sometimes it gets funky. My Rogue was trying to disarm something in the Moathouse yesterday and when I checked the die roll, it gave a breakdown of Ronald hitting a gnoll from the last fight I was in. One of those things.
    Nope, thats how it works. Scrolling around will show pretty much everything outside your sector as 'combat ready' (scroll around either the Keep or Hommlet when u first arrive to see this). Thats not related to Billy.

As for the little darling himself, what you saw was his first appearance, before the guards had even arrived. At the moment he's just a lunatic in the distance. Look around the streets next time you're in the city - doesn't matter what city, the homeless folk are usually mentally ill. We ignore them unless they are actually exchanging shots with the police - do the same with Billy. In most cases (unless you are actually looking for him, whcih I don't mind since he is a 'pet bug' and I asked people to check for those) you won't notice unless the whole crew are there.
    Almost certainly not a KotB bug, but I will check it.
    Ok, I'll make the stump bigger: noticed its hard to access myself.
    More info please? Which enemy crossbowmen? I'll guess the ones on the Mad Hermit map (which can spawn with ranged or melee weapons, randomly) but please confirm :)
    I'll check that.
    Ooooooookkkkayyyyyyyyyy.... damn CTD bug was not completely crushed, it seems. It happened once in my beta testing, but reverting to an earlier save killed it off and I ran around playing for long periods and never saw it again, and none of the other beta testing reported it. I hoped remaking all the maps would deal with it... Damn damn damn.

I will look into the Dragon parts issue, thats interesting but almost certainly not the cause (I rarely bother with that fella myself and still used to get it). I am still deciding how to address warning people about this, but for the moment:
    • It happens when you return to the Keep from elsewhere on the worldmap, so save lots and lots when doing that!
    • I resurrected one 'bugged' progression of saves by returning to the Keep via the Marketplace jumppoint, whereas it stayed bugged if I returned via the Main Gate or Inner Gate jumppoints. (There's a logic behind this but I won't go into it here).
    • If you can get past a CTD moment, it seems to go away, so its worth persevering even if you have to go back a few saves.
    Please feel free to post any ideas about what it might be though. It is thought to be connected to resting too, in some way.
    Yeah thats a bug.

15. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Ted
    Allow me to clear up a few things

Our Host!