Nulb Input

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Jul 31, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Some questions about Nulb:

1. Should Mona (the fortune teller) move into her own building after players bail her out of her debt issues (if they do), rather than stand around in front of the Snakepit all day and night?
    2. Should Preston Wetz go into one of his houses at night instead of lurching around outside 24/7?
    3. Should Otis operate from inside his smithy instead of outside? We could put Otis inside and Sammy outside near the anvil where Otis is now, which would make the conspiracy plot a bit more plausible. It's not like Otis actually does any work or anything when he's out there (unlike Brother Smyth).
    4. Where should Riana and Serena go (not necessarily together) if they get dismissed from the party? Probably not the Snakepit like they do now.
    5. When Mickey's in Nulb partying, should he hang out inside one of the bars instead of outside on the lonely plank bridge where there's no apparent fun to be had?
    Any other Nulb concerns or feature requests that you have may be posted here as well.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

Answers:

1. Yes
    2. Maybe (undecided)
    3. Otis should only go inside at night. Otherwise, give him a smithing animation so it looks like he's working.
    4. Don't know. Serena does mention she might like to go back to Mona and assist her but from a more favorable (for her) standpoint.
    5. Yes

-Mike

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

1: Yes, I think Mona should move back into a building. Isn't that something she says, that getting her orb back will let her make some money so she can rebuild (or re-open or something) her shop?

2: I think in general all the folks in both Nulb and Hommlet should have a home to go to at night, unless they have a specific reason to be lurching around 24/7...

3: I like Otis at the anvil by day, but I agree he needs to do some actual smithing while he's standing there. Besides, if he's not in visual range of his stash, that makes the Sammy quest just way too easy to complete with no complications.

4: I'd say Serena and Rianna should go to the inn. They should definitely stay together - if you have both and try to dismiss one, don't they leave together with a comment about never separating again?

5: Send Mickey to the bar - he would probably like to hang out with the pirates and Skole's thugs there - heck, maybe Skole's gang is the group he got in with in the first place.

4. Gaear

It's either in or out the whole time for Otis. Like with Brother Smyth and other shopkeepers, he can't keep hold of his shop inventory while switching maps.

Does Otis detect you stealing stuff from his anvil like a pickocket? I thought he just got suspicious if you had it on you.

5. erkper

Oh no, if you try to grab his stash and he makes a spot check, he's on you like white on rice. I accidentally started combat with him that way once when I wasn't even trying to do Sammy's quest.

At least, I assume it's a spot check.

Do shopkeepers totally lose their inventories, or just can't access them on the "other" map? I wouldn't have a problem with a shopkeeper not doing business if you woke him up in his house in the middle of the night...

6. SharkD

Maybe you could move Otis so he stands by his front door at night, kind of like Brother Smyth? Not my greatest idea ever...

-Mike

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Its been a while since I looked at Otis, but for memory, his heartbeat checks if you have his stuff, not the movement from the anvil. And yes erkper, moving him off the map breaks his box, so he'd never sell again (but moving him to the front door would work). Or use a seperate mob.

My 2 coppers:

1. Probably

2. Definitely.

3. No opinion.

4. They really should run off and not return.

5. Yup, and since I don't think they do it by a proper day/night transition, he could have the drunken model too :)

8. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

1, 2, 3, and 5 are yeses from me.

4... For continuity's sake, Serena and Rhianna could go to Mona's new pad (if it's implemented) to wait or any of the Inns in Hommlett or Nulb.

9. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Yes.
    take advantage of all those empty buildings.

Tbh, i don't really care.
    Unless you find him in the brothel..."so, THIS is why you don't have money!" :p
    Or be in the same "new" house than Mona at nights... ;)

Not caring much about this one. i do like the outside blacksmith, tho.

Why not the Inn, where Rentsch is?
    they could be hanging out with the "beautiful" lady on the corner (i should do a new portrait for her...)
    Or stay with Murfles as "refugees"

Hum, dunno...i always thought he's ok there. Looks like he had too much fun, and he's catching breath or the like (he's beaten up)

As i've said, i'd like the "beautiful" girl do actually something.
    maybe if you're good aligned give you some info, or the map, dunno, but something.
    Honestly, i would like some fedex quests in here. Something that gives little xp, but for those players that like to explore.
    Or some more long term relationships...i mean, once you've done some quests, you just go on and have no reason to go back to Nulb.

10. Gaear

Yeah, I verified it's his heartbeat.

Yes indeed.

Slightly OT, but I always thought of the Boatmen's Tavern (Skole's and Lodriss' place) as the equivalent of a biker bar. Pirates = bikers in this case, and you have to be 'affiliated' to really be allowed there very long w/out trouble. The Waterside Hostel on the other hand (Wat and Wrench) seems more like just the local shithead bar. Mickey would fit in better there, imo, being a garden variety shithead.

Only problem is, he stays there all night. It's like he travels all the way to Nulb from Hommlet and back every night just to stand on the plank bridge.

I can think of one drawback with moving Preston inside at night: after Rannos and/or Gremag come to town, he wouldn't be out there in front of your house during the overnight hours to tell you people were asking around about you.

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The house up the street is pretty nice inside so put Mona in and make her a merchant of somekind. Serena and Rianna could go there also.
    I made protos/dlg changes to Jenelda and Charlotte so they are recruitable. Now I have a good reason to visit the brothel. Serena and Rianna aren't much help. They can work at Monas tailorshop when dismissed.
    Charlotte and Jenelda are mean, tough whores who like to fight also. They make better money looting the temple.

12. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

I still think he's ok there. It happens that you meet him when he just left one of the fun places ;)

13. erkper

I'll bow to the evidence of one who looked and verified - I swear Otis attacked me once when I grabbed his stuff, but maybe I spoke to him, IDK...

Maybe Mickey would be better off at the Waterside. He says he had some problems with his "gang", doesn't he? If Skole's gang was his bunch, he's pretty much persona non grata there anyways... Though there are some Nulb villagers in the Tavern who don't side with either Skole or Tolub's pirates when shit goes down IIRC - so "unaffiliated types" do exist.

14. SharkD

Or you could add some dialogue where members of his "gang" are griping about him.

-Mike

15. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

If you do the troublemaker thing for Ophelia and talk to Mickey in the Welcome Wench doesn't he say he's changed his ways and doesn't go to Nulb anymore?

Our Host!