NPC HP options on ToEE front-end 3.80

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by xachariah, Jun 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. xachariah

xachariah Member

hi everybody,

i'm kind of embarassed to ask this (not too wise on ad&d stuff), but, on ToEE front-end 3.80 there are 2 options:
    -Max HP for NPCs (from levels)
    -Max HP for NPCs (from HD)
    i can't seem to fully understand what they are for. the first is so the NPCs will gain maximum HP, according to their class, when they level up right?(fighters: 10+con, mages: 4+con, etc).
    but what does it mean to gain maximum HP based on their hit dice? does it make sense to have but options checked when starting the game?

one last thing, is it possible to start the game with the NPCs having maximum HP? i tried using drifter's Max HP patch but it didn't work.

that's it. congrats to the guys who made all these mods and patches, i'm certainly looking forward to re-playing the game without worrying about NPCs stealing my loot and overencumbering themselves (not to mention a lot of other annoying bugs). congrats really, and keep up the good work!

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

NPCs in this instance includes monsters. Which means if you choose the levels options, then all creatures with character levels will have the HP from those levels maximized. If you choose HD, all the HP from a monster's Hit Dice will be maximized.

Our Host!