NEW classes coming soon!! pick two there small:)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by bradrinwi, Nov 30, 2005.

Remove all ads!
?

ASSUMING succesful field testing what classes/races,subclasses,prestige classes??

Poll closed Dec 15, 2005.
  1. basic race variants only drow,gnome .. grey elf..wood elf etc??

3.6%
  2. basic subclasses and kits and races

3.6%
  3. subclasses and some presitge classes

3.6%
  4. sub classes new classes but limited prestige classes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. sub classes new classes and full prestige classes

21.4%
  6. anything you can mod *and test for saftey* Ill try...

78.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

Hi gang as some of you know ive had success making a selectable fighter that gets a dex instead of strength bonus for att...

button and all

I am nearing the point of saying yes to limited and ..with my radial research ..spell and psionic classes can be added.. and maybe maybe presitge classes(NOT useful really for toee BUT given the potenal for new modules like the g-d-q series..Definetly not without interest and use..
    or my own fav the inferno judges guild module(i have the other 4 lvls of hell from the guy who did it for judges guld*btw like atari with troika.. judges guild decided not to give him the extra 3 months to write up the last 4 lvls of Hell before publishing:) shortly afterwards they folded *WEG* sound familar??? im sure there is a moral in there some where but if you've read "me as a PC"youll realize im not very moral:)*
    so without further delay.. ASSuming we get all the kinks worked out and can add spellcasting and non spell casting and psionic using classes sub classes and races and presitge classes...

what would ppl like to see???

all i promise is that what i do release will not be a solo effort and Will be play tested by myself and others..as best as an alpha test can

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Whatever you can do. Whether that just be the basic option and functioning or it be all the bells and whistles and functioning. Looking forward to seeing your work.

3. Gwythur

Gwythur Member

Well, personally, I'd be most interested in seeing a few prestige classes added. If you can get mystic theurge to work properly, my druid/wizard will be very appreciative. Arcane archer is another one of my favorites. Personally, prestige classes are the one thing I miss most about ToEE vs tabletop roleplaying.

Were you also considering racial paragon classes?

4. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I'm all for doing whatever you can get to work, as long as it abides by the 3.5 rules. (Though I'd say stick with stuff from the PHB, DMG and MM. Supplements aren't anywhere near as playtested for balance.) Prestige classes would definitely be nice, though.

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I think you should mod as much as possible for the future's sake...but I think we'll need another poll before it gets stuck into anything co8 stamps with its approval. Make it, let people get it if they want, then let's see what will work in future game modifications. No sense having prestige classes mucking up the Keep on the Borderlands...

6. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

hiya guys wow more response than i expected..
    a few things spike i agree... for future projects sake . exanding the boundries as much as possible is a good thing

but yeah prestigee classes in Kotb would give ted nightmares:)

and kalshanne i was pretty much gonna stick with Phb and psionics handbook stuff...

but maybe some select things from the bards/rogues hand book and from the mages..

Now everyone keep in mind that . spell casting classes and psionic ones and even working fully stocked with equip and items they can use/wear fighter subclasses is a long long ways away... at least a month or so before you see the first one .. hopefully i can cajoule our resident clothier cujo to help ..

also layout is still in its infancy.. im not sure whether im gonna have the fighter class button spawn an additonal page of sub class selections.. same for mages etc...
    or whther im just gonna place an (other) button that goes to a new page of add in classes..
    im a perfectionist so im not likely to release anything for beta until im pretty damm sure it looks decent and works..

right now im trying to get a feel for what classes ppl would like to play.. and how much preliminary to do..

Brad

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  7. Cleitan

Cleitan Epic Paladin

I usually play a pure Paladin, but other classes for my party members wouldnt hurt :)

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If you could add the prestige classes from the DMG, and the subraces, that'd be cool to start with. Personally I can wait until Ted starts making "The City of the Spider Queen" module for the Arachnomancer prestige class!

9. darkfeld01

darkfeld01 Ancient Lurker

I love the classes from the complete series of books (Complete Warrior, Adventurer, Arcane and Divine) and since i have them if anyone needs some info i'd be more than happy to provide them

10. crosser

crosser Member

Prestige classes would be very useful to add, as they're integral to the current D+D rules. They're not as necessary when you're playing an entire party, but the less characters you use, the more important it is for them to efficiently pick up multiple roles.

I'd love to attempt to solo the game without any trainers or hacks. The Eldritch Knight prestige class could let you attempt it without going the divine caster route. Ranger 1 --> Wizard 5 --> EldritchKnight. Build CG, earn your way to Scather, and use spells like Displacement and Stoneskin frequently! :thumbsup:

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

At this time there, is no current work being done on this, and there is also no future expectation for this to be able to be something that can be done.

Someone will probably become upset [and tell you they are upset] that this thread has been raised from the depths of ancient threads. Yah, we'd all like for this to happen as something new to play, but the current likelihood is somewhere between slim and none.

12. Allyx

I miss Bradrinwi...

Come back to us dude.

It seems "Thread Necromancer" is more of a real life prestige class than a D&D one, but it seems to be quite a popular choice. ;)

13. pippetta

pippetta Member

Hey Guys ... just Mod every thing u can (and wish)!! why should u limit your immagination?

@ Allyx

you told me once, that a nice add to verbo would have been the ability of Hextor cleric to turn a fallen paladin into a BlackGuard... we just weren't able to...

now we are! I suggest to start with that!

And by adding verbobonic to the world map we could make it an always on possibility for all former paladin!

14. Allyx

IIRC Bradwinri had the blackguard working, but couldn't get it to trigger as he wanted it to, The Hextor cleric could have helped to make this prestige class trigger appropriately, but he left without releasing his work, so if this is to become a reality, all brad's work would have to be done again from scratch, without the work he put in himself (unless he can be contacted, and convinced to release his work?).

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

...and if he has not already deleted his work, too.

Our Host!