Never mind where's the herb, I can't even find the girl:-)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Yavathol, Dec 30, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Yavathol

Yavathol Member

Hi all,
    I've just re-installed ToEE, put on patch 2, then Co8 4.0, Desperate Housewives 1.3 and the new spells. Thanks very much to everyone! I think it's all working fine, I can see the children playing and it started up with Allyx' shop map. However, I'm not sure if the DH installation has worked - is there any quick way of testing this? The reason I ask is because I cannot find Ah Fong anywhere - I've been reading the boards long enough to hear about him. Likewise, I can't find Amii, though I think I've an idea where the herb is:eyebrow: Could someone please let me know where to find these two? Thanks,

Yavathol.

P.S. really looking forward to KotB and Kilshane's mods:rock:

2. maalri

maalri Immortal

Amii is with Jaroo, but only after clearing the Spiders for the woodcutter- she is his daughter and when finishing the spider clearing quest, you can dialogue into the Cure for Amii quest, then go see jaroo and she is there... for a little while...

3. slategrey252

slategrey252 Member

Question remains. Wheres the blasted flower. Enchantress not so enchanting now. Cold waterlogged and vastly unamused with traipsing around in the water.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ah Fong should be in the eastern-moast house in Nulb, just head on past Otis' place, there's usually a wench hanging around outside.

5. Yavathol

Yavathol Member

Excellent! The installation seems to be ok, since I've now found Ah Fong and started the Amii quest. Thanks very much:joy:

6. slategrey252

slategrey252 Member

Still no ones telling me where the flower required to cure amii is.....Enchantress not so enchanting now, more like grime and muck coated wench with a severe sense of humour failure.

Off to the inn for a bath and sleep, then nulb to see if AH Fong knows where the flower can be found.

7. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

The flower is found in a random encounter...

Whenever you win a random encounter LOOK AROUND and see if there is a pickupable flower (its a bush actually, rather large).

I think it only happens if the random encounter occurs in a specific region of the map or at a specific time. There are many interesting and good random encounters...

8. Anstil

Anstil Hobgoblin Raider

***possible spoiler***

I travel back and forth between hommlet and the moathouse, taking any random encounters that I come across. The flower has always been on one of the swamp maps when I come across it, usually at the opposite end of the encounter.
    Scroll around and you will find it.

I don't know if you get a second chance if you leave the screen.

9. maalri

maalri Immortal

--------Definite Spoiler--------
    The posts I have read- specifically referenced by C-Blue- agree with Anstil's succinct answer. Random encounter- usually between moathouse and homlett- specifically Burne's tower. After beating the baddies in the swamp random fight- search via the TAB key or just looking around- and No second chances- so if you have had a Swamp encounter and left without looking for the Lotus Fox- time to reload and go back in time to prevent the "not-so-enctanting enchantress" from ever getting water logged- Oh and yeah save a little girls life. :) Also in Patch Co8 4.0.0 there are TWO different swamp maps so there is only a 50% chance of getting the one with the plant Jaroo needs on it- but if you search and it is not in that swamp encounter area- try again- it only goes away as a chance of finding it, if you never searched and the Lotus Fox happened to BE in that swamp encounter.

10. slategrey252

slategrey252 Member

Ahhhhhhh , time for sensible shoes and a great deal of walking from the tower to the village then. Thanks all

11. Da_Ediot

Da_Ediot Member

I have random encountered it going from Emridy Meadows and other routes.
    It is in the northwest to west end of the swamp map. Hold down your tab key and it should highlight. (The only way that I see it most of the time.)

Our Host!