Need some help

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Raaagh, Aug 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Raaagh

Raaagh Member

While messing around with fixing Vampiric Touch, I decided to investigate ways to return values for various stats for objects. So far, I have:

spell.caster.stat_level_get( blahblah )

** You can substitute spell.caster with things like target.obj, and maybe even attachee/triggerer

I've found the following so far that you can return:

stat_level
    stat_hp_max
    stat_hp_current
    stat_level_****
    stat_gender
    stat_alignment
    stat_race

Most of it was found by renaming all the .py script files into .txt and letting windows search do the dirty work. ;)

But my real problem is this: the syntax for armor class is eluding me so far. I've tried stat_ac, stat_ac_base, stat_armor_class, and still nothing! :( Any ideas?

2. Raaagh

Raaagh Member

Blargh, turns out stat_ac does work! However, it's case sensitive and I was trying stat_AC before. :(

3. Raaagh

Raaagh Member

Ok, after some more digging, stat.mes and stat_enum contain the variables needed for stat_level_get. The number enums do work in place of the word variable, so try it out, everyone! :)

I am having trouble now trying to find the various AC bonuses of a target, though. IE. Deflection, Dodge, etc.

4. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Just a hunch but I think we can fix a few more spells if we get these details ironed out. I'd be interested in knowing the variable(s) for various attack bonuses - melee, ranged, general, quite a few spells change that.
    Also if we could figure out AC for Natural Armor, we could add +4 to Righteous Might which is currently missing that aspect.
    Anyone want to help out here?

5. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

If you have a distinct list of what is broken, and how, I could probably look into it.

I'm not that familiar with the 3+ ed rules. So I don't immediately know that things may be slightly off

Our Host!