Modern game demos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shiningted, Feb 7, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hello all,

I have a new PC, hooray! But my old games (BF1942, CoD etc) won't play.

I am wondering if there are any new games with downloadable Demo levels that I can try? They used to be all the rage, even ToEE had one I believe (the moathouse). Do such things still exist? I tried the latest CoD games and didn't see any.

Or do you need Steam...? :eek:

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Windows 10 does have a pretty good selection of game apps in the store, there are a lot of free to play games on steam.

You can also check GameCopyWorld.com for cd cracks for your old games to make them essentially DRM free.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Steam is your friend ...... your friend ...... you want Steam, you need Steam ....... only Steam games are fun.

MWAHAHAHAH!

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Oh Origin is a good idea too - it's the Electronic Arts company's equivalent to steam, every couple of months they offer a different free full game "on the house" (currently Mass Effect 2) but I have also redeemed Nox, Dungeon Keeper, Ultima VIII, Theme Hospital, Need for Speed Most Wanted among others without having to part with a single penny for any of them.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    sirchet likes this.
  5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

It would seem that most of the game client type set ups have come a long way from when they were resource hogs. I too enjoy an origin acct and am very pleased with their offerings, Steam is actually pretty good too. I have acquired quite a library of memory editors that are Steam friendly so I can cheat my butt off, (single player of course). :)

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That's what Elizabeth and Abraham did with Origin? Once they created worlds... o well, a free copy of Ultima 8 would be good, I never finished it.

Currently playing Age of Empires - Castle Siege (free from the app store), which is just a pale imitation of Clash of Clans. How the mighty have fallen... having fun though.

Our Host!