Mod Request: Bourne & Death of Gremag

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Edwin P, Oct 5, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Edwin P

Edwin P Member

Background: The Wizard Bourne and Rufus have heard about the death of Gremag and spot the PCs wearing his ring and carrying his short sword when they visit the keep. Their reaction is natural:

Draft 01:

{Bourne} I am busy, thieves broke into the traders shop and killed three citizens of this town.

{PCs01} Anything we can do to help catch these thieves?
    {PCs02} We did it, Gremag was working for the Temple of Elemental Evil.
    {PCs03} He pulled a knife on us and we had to defend ourselves.
    {PCs04} We shall return when you are not busy, Goodbye

PCs01 > {Bourne} You want to help, then explain why you are wearing the trader Gremag's ring and carrying his shortsword! You are the thieves!

PCs02> {Bourne} I knew he was a spy and my men were watching him. But I cannot tolerate the killing of any in Hommlet without a fair trial. I must ask you to must turn over any property that you looted from him and his associates. Do so now and I will forget that this event ever occured. If you do not I will order your arrest.

In this case if the PCs turn over all property looted from Gremag; {Bourne} says - I will explain your actions to the locals, but commit such an act again and you will be swinging from the gallows. Do you understand?

PCs03 >{Bourne} He pulled a knife on you? and you had to kill everyone in the shop. I find that hard to believe. You are thieves!

PCs04 > in this case Bourne does not spot the items stolen from Gremag and the PCs can leave the keep.

Bourne's Reaction to thieves

{Bourne} I must demand that you hand over the items stolen from Gremag's shop and as his money was also found missing that you turn over 500 gp. If you refuse I will order your arrest.

{PCs30}
    pc.item_transfer_to(npc,6082) - for magical ring
    pc.item_transfer_to(npc, 4107) - for Gremag's shortsword
    pc.money_adj(-500)

{Bourne} I see that you are also carrying a golden chain, obviously stolen goods. I will take that too, unless you want to face the gallows.

anyone(pc.group_list), "has_item", 6100) for golden chain from Lareth
    pc.item_transfer_to(npc,6100) - for golden chain

{Bourne} Your warrior is wearing a fine suit of magical armor, I will take that also. Such a loss should dissuade you from any more evil deeds in Hommlet. If not, I will order your execution.

anyone(pc.group_list), "has_item", 6097) for Lareth's armor.

{Bounre} One more thing before you go, leave your boots and shoes here. Let walking barefoot remind you to never commit a crime in Hommlet.

If the PCs refuse then:

{Bourne} Guards arrest these thieves!
    npc.attack(pc)-Bourne
    npc.attack(pc)-Rufus
    npc.attack(pc)-Guards
    npc.attack(pc)-Apprentice

-----------------------------------------------------
    As this mod seems doable by just altering the dialogs I will attempt it the weekend of Oct 11. Any suggestions would be most welcome. If I can get this first dialog to work I will add to it routines covering their reaction to the murder & looting of Jaroo and other major NPCs of Hommlet (by evil PCs). To atone for killing Jaroo I would probably give them a quest to raise him from the dead.

ie {Bourne}: As killers of Jaroo I give you one chance to live, raise him from the dead, until then you are not welcome in Hommlet and none will trade with you or offer you shelter. If he is not raised when I next meet your party your lives shall be forfeit.

---------------------------------------------------
    I would also like to alter Rufus and Bourne's reaction to the mass killing of NPCs in Hommlet. Any ideas on how to do this? Ideally if 10 or more NPCs of Hommlet are killed by the PCs then Rufus and Bourne would know the identity of the criminals and would attack them on sight when they enter their tower, if possible the PCs should be flatfooted during the first round and Bourne wouldcast Mirror Image during the first round. Thus if the PCs intend to kill Rufus & Bourne they should not kill the locals first.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  2. rex_blade

rex_blade Established Member

it's oct. 12th, do you know where your mods are?

hey! so how's it goin? did you get started yet?

3. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

If you do work on this mod you should also script it so that it is possible to use Diplomacy or Bluff to talk your way out of getting killed. After all, Gremag and Ranos are working for the Temple but you should only be able to have this dialog option if you find that out.

Also, if you solve the one quest where you find out who is sabotaging the castle and kill Ranos and Gremag you should be able to explain that you're a vigilante - but they will say that they while they do not appreciate vigilantism and while you have done them a disservice in terms of the law, they will turn a blind eye towards your actions as Ranos and Gremag weren't entirely uncalled for.

As for bluffing your way out of the inquiry, you should be able to do that. I.e. the moment you talk to them you should be given the option to 'report the murder' and explain that you saw Black Jay fleeing from the scene - this option should only be available to evil parties and should provide for some fun happenings in Hommlet.

Our Host!