Missing prisoners?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by JerryB, Jul 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

As I recall from the pen and paper version of this module, there was supposed to be a couple of merchants and a gnome held prisoner by the ogre in the moathouse dungeon. I've looked all over the place and haven't been able to find them. This was important because while the merchants gave you a modest financial reward for their rescue, the gnome was where one obtained a ring that was a symbol of friendship with the gnomes in the Kron hills area. Did Atari forget to put these prisoners in, or were they for some reason deleted?

Also, when you take out the torturer in the temple dungeon level one, in the PNP version there should have been an NPC being tortured, who probably should be recruitable. The two human females, who I think were supposed to be prisoners of the ghouls were in one cell, and the two orcs were in the other cell, but there wasn't anyone in the torture chamber proper, as I believe that there was in the original module. Any ideas as to why?

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Spoiler!

The gnomes are kept prisoner in a room in the moathouse just off where Lubash lives.

No idea why. Is there a torturer there in Vanilla? (Could have done a disappearing act like the leader of the temple brigands once did). It could be that Troika never put him in, it could be that the torturer was put in a different place (there is a a torturer elsewhere in the temple although there isn't a recruitable NPC being tortured), or it could be the torturer got lost in an early version of Co8.

Lord Spike will probably know the answer to this question, unlike poor me who never played the PnP version to compare the CRPG with.

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Probably Troika left him out. There was indeed a 0-level guy there who refused to join the Temple fighters; he was being tortured to death & plans were to serve him to the gnolls for dinner. Troika did expand the orcs & females plot to what it is in the game, though. The orcs were always recruitable, but the human was too weak from torture to join the fight. And the gnomes...you've done a fine job explaining them. :beer: Little known factoid: Lubash's treasure was a cloak that belonged to one of them. It was sized for a small character in the PnP Module.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

O and Jerry? Its a common question, don't think u r the first person to miss that door. I sure did, and likewise I knew the PnP module and actually went looking for them.

5. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

That door is is to the immediate right of your party as they enter the room. It is very hard to see from the persperctive you have. Just move your cursor around the area until the 'hand' icon appears. I'm not sure if the 'Tab' highlights this door or not.

Our Host!