marc1967's mods for Co8 8.1.0.

Discussion in 'Mod Submissions' started by marc1967, Aug 11, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

I have quite a few mods I've made for my own use, and before I polish them up and submit them I'd like to know if they are even wanted/needed:

Here's the first: I've expanded the spell information for the help box (or whatever it is called) when you float over the spell name in your spellbook. I find I am always needing to look up a duration, whether a spell is Personal or Target, or whether bless is a 'luck' or 'morale' bonus, and other things like that. It's much more convenient while you are there to just float over the name then to open the help system. I do this all the time during combat, while selecting spells for the day, and also when leveling up.

I've only done a few levels of cleric so far, but it should be pretty easy after a short time to finish the rest. Here's the before and after:

Spell Tips.jpg

Let me know if the formatting seems OK. I tried to keep the original spell description to 2 lines, and only add info if it is really important (like Divine Favor being a luck bonus), and always have the casting time, range, target, duration, and save/SR if it is relevant to that spell. It's not meant to be an exhaustive description, just a quick peek at the important details of the spell while in your spellbook.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Global Moderator

Looks good to me, nice effort Marc :clap:

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I can't guarantee if/when there'll be another modpack release, but you should certainly feel free to submit your stuff. I like the expanded spell info idea.

4. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Really? So 8.1.0 could be the end of the line? I can assume then that there is no "next" version on the horizon then at all. If so, I guess I'll slow down my efforts at getting any mods in before some sort of deadline, and get back to my own little catastrophe I'm putting together.

I'll probably submit the spell info mod I suggested above, as I am pretty far into it, but hold off on anything else. It would be a shame if all of Rudy's stuff never made it in.

5. Salk

Salk Established Member

Pretty sad thing to read...

6. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Remember, TemplePlus exists and is in active development. When you finish your expanded descriptions, make a post there with a link to your stuff!

Our Host!