make your npc's level like pc's

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sir_toejam, Jun 19, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

Heyall.

this mod to the levelup.tab file will allow you to level up npc's that can willingly join your party just like your pc chars.

I tested it with 3 npcs and found no problems; all level up just like a pc, allowing me to pick skills, feats, spells, etc. I tested it with both the old and the new patches (2.0 plus co8 3.02), so it should work with any version of toee.

I hope this will encourage folks to explore more of the npc options in the game.

post here or pm me at the atari forum if anyone finds problems.

notes: just extract it to your data/rules directory (overwrite any pre-existing; create the directory in your main toee directory if it does not already exist).

cheers

p.s. I think its possible that the "default" entry will cover those cases of npc's that do not join willingly (suggested critters and such). let me know if it does/does not.

edit: yup a quick test of recruiting the hill giant in emridy and doing the usual, then leveling him results in pc type leveling. therefore, this should work for every npc you can get into your party by any means.

Attached Files:

2. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

Thanks, maybe I'll actually use an npc.

3. Imrahil2

Imrahil2 Member

sir_toejam -

in a thread below someone stated that they had created a mod to add an additional PC as an NPC. If this was done do you think it would be compatible with your mod? Maybe it is Infinity Engine overdose, but I really like having six player characters.

4. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

I would guess that the new "npc" would be covered by the default entry in the file, so I would say yeah, should work fine.

Our Host!