List of stuff we need to fix

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sol Invictus, Sep 25, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Okay, here's some of the stuff we need to fix (or implement):

* The Brothel
    * Children (We may have to do the placing manually if we can't get the python file to work)
    * Spell fixes (especially Magic weapon and Greater. I'm having trouble figuring it out)
    * Item descriptions
    * More descriptive item/object/spell rollovers
    * Fixing the "SPELL NONE" issues in the various Item Crafting skills

Stuff to add:
    * New weapons, armor
    * Quests!
    * More talkative NPCs and PC responses

Add anything you want to see to this list.

2. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

Spawn points for children (day and night) are already in 3\rules\jumppoint.tab Just need to figure out how to link them...

3. Chris Woods

Chris Woods Member

This is done. I've also added in the capability to craft Masterwork Items and fixed the +1/+2/+3 resistance cloaks. Currently playing around with a better UI solution to masterworks (I've just hijacked the "Craft Rod" feat for now)

The problem with SPELL_NONE stemed from the fact that those spells (Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom and Eagle's Splender) appear to be located somewhere other then the spells.mes file where you would expect them to be. After some experimentation, I determined the ID is "foxs cunning", not "fox's cunning" "Cat's grace" has the ID "cat's grace" though, so it's very touch and go. You just have to play.

Incidently, "Bear's Endurance" has the ID of just "Endurance"

Also looking at fixing wands to be more in line with DnD rules. No level 5 wizard with a level 9 Magic Misile wand and such.

Chris Woods

4. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

Re: Re: List of stuff we need to fix

the 3.5 edition spell Bear's Endurance was just called Endurance in the 3.0 rules. Presumably this got inputted initially and as they got word of 3.5 rules changes they never got around to changing it :)

5. Sol Invictus

Here's another nasty bug we can easily fix:
    Chainmail items (gauntlets and boots) reduce speed by 5.00 each for some stupid reason. They shouldn't reduce squat.

6. Chris Woods

Chris Woods Member

Re: Re: Re: List of stuff we need to fix

Makes sense, but what annoys me is that it appears the new spells (3.5 stuff they added) is hardcoded or something. I can't find the ID's in any mes files anywhere, but I know referring to them as "foxs cunning" works.

Fixed -- they were listed as ARMOR_TYPE_MEDIUM but should have been ARMOR_TYPE_NONE

Chris Woods

7. rpsands

rpsands Member

Quick list from the peanut gallery:

* that magic finessable weapons thing
    * paladin divine grace reading from constitution not charisma
    * rangers getting animal companions a level late (5 nee 4)
    * Bardic music should be a full round not a free action
    * Whirlwind attack should not work after moving - it's full round in the SRD
    * PRODUCE FLAME
    * craft magic arms and armor can yield: "a heavy flail +2 +3shock +2" - problems with the naming scheme or something
    * death: you lose the exp but it doesn't drop you a level when you're raised. quick solution: apply a negative level (is code support for that) until the person achieves enough xp to get their level back
    * there are so many bugged conversations, such as: when you ask burne about the orb of golden death you lose the option to ever ask him to be a follower again.
    * Elmo jumping you when you release him (occasionally)
    * Reincarnation doesn't ever seem to change your race...i mean it rules and all being 1/4 the price of raise dead, but it should do somethin
    * Improved trip is just freaking broken. It really needs to be limited to only certain weapons (halberd, guisarm, spiked chain, heavy flail, etc - tripping with Fragerach is ricockulous). in standard D&D it's an unarmed strike unless you have a special weapon that lets you make trip attempts (i.e. provokes an AO)
    * the awesome whirling longspear of spikedchainness (shouldn't work at 5 feet)
    * Coup de grace should provoke an AO (might not be possible to change this)
    * about 800 other things I forget ;0

btw, you guys are doing an excellent job. Just thought I'd post these as a number of them aren't in bug posts, the rest are just consolidate things I've noticed.

-Ryan

8. Sol Invictus

Coup de grace does provoke an AO. Check it out.

Drinking potions however, does not. I'm sure we can fix it (hopefully :)

9. rpsands

rpsands Member

Erm, I've couped dozens of trolls right next to their buddies, and held folks as well. Maybe I'm missing something though.

-Ryan

10. Sol Invictus

I'll check it out anyway. You might be right.

Just so you know, most monsters have a low maximum number of AOO's per round. They can't AOO more than one person, most of the time.

11. Fix the NPC endurance problem.

Make them
    a) Loot only money.
    or LOOT nothing.

Instead make them demand money to join.

12. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

Or make each loot specific type of items (like Spugnoir loots only magic scrolls).

13. indio

indio Member Veteran

I think the XP tables are wrong . I would like to fix the level 10 limitation. I don't think there has been a single conputerized D&D game that has gone past level 10 :(.

14. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

I think level 10 is enough.
    Besides, the class abilities past level 10 are probably not implemented.
    Let's wait for a sequel for more levels...

15. Hugeflyingturtl

Hugeflyingturtl Member

If its possible I would like to see the quests that got axed because of the children etc brought back into the game.

Our Host!