Level 4 questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Scryler, Jan 28, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Is there any need on the 4th Level for all those robes I've been lugging around for ever?

What is best: to put all the healing potions with...say...3 characters, or to spread them around with everyone?

Do I really need all that poison?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. Reymar

Reymar Member

Not sure on the robes, I think they're just so you can disguise yourself as one of the elemental groups, obviously if you're on the 4th level you most likely no longer need them.

As for potions I usually spread them among my back rank characters so they can run up and administer to a front ranker as needed. I never carry them on my front rank characters because drinking one opens you up for AOO's. Kinda nice that you can pour a potion down someone elses throat while they're fighting :)

Rey~

3. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Once you've completed any of the initial quests for any of the Temples, you are accepted and no longer need the robes.

As for potions, that's really up to you're pakying style.

I normally split my potions of moderate healings or greater to all party members, leaving the "light" healing potions massed with one or two of my clerics.

The light ones I use after battles, saving the healing spells. The heavier ones are more for major (soon to be dead) emergencies, like in the middle of a battle. Although, I rarely had call to use them, due to having one PC cleric, Ronald, and Meleny, in my party.

At even higher levels, potions tend to become obsolete due to the gaining of various "mass cure" spells.

4. Scryler

Thank you, both. :hug:

Now if someone could address the poison...

5. Reymar

Reymar Member

I'm not positive, but I think the poison is just tossed in there to mess with players that chug the blue potions without id'ing them. Wonder if you could force it down a baddies throat, hehehe.

Rey~

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah, its what forces you to identify all the blue potions (or at least Read Magic them nowdays). Of course poison stands out since it doesn't stack but you can't see that from the radial menu in the heat of battle.

7. Scryler

You can have a hug too, Ted.:hug:

8. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

-Not on the 4th level. But the black robe with the red skull on the chest (greater robes) could open a few optional dialogs.

-Personally, i give every charcter their share of potions. Weakest charcters get few potions, and usually my magic users get the lesser (light healing) since they have few hp and they would heal with only one or two. The warrior like charcters get the more, and also the major healing, since they have too many hp. That way i distribute the weight, and save space (warriors doesn't need to carry wands, scrolls, etc) and healing spells.

-Poison isn't really a need. As it's been explained, is a kind of trap (well, not that kind).
    You can use it on opponents via the radial menu, but is not strong, so rarelly will affect someone (just for rpging, i give my rogues a few, only 1 or 2 of them). I hope Ted implements other, stronger poisons in KotB.

9. Scryler

I am so glad to get those robes off! And out of the chest, as well.

Another question: What are those black scarab things for? They are jewelry, but what do they do?

And thanks, HK. Do you want a hug, too?

10. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

yeah, get rid of them. I usually let them again in the 1st floor.

I was intrigued by those too.
    I don't remember seeing any ability in their protos. If i'm correct, i think that those scarabs let you pass some traps on the original module (something like the electric trap, but i think the trap is on the curtains on Zuggy's throne.)

Btw, i believe that ZTGY stands for ZuTGmoY...it may be ovbious for anyone, but not for me. :p

LoL

Tell ya what: when i get rich and famous, i'll send a plane for each one of you and make the first "Co8 meeting". Then you could give that hug :hug:

Unless Gaear get jealous :icon_chuc

11. Scryler

I'm make sure I remember that...

Gaear? Jealous? You are a verrry funny guy, HK.

Pssst! I have heard he gets even, though.:dead:

12. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Me too! :yes:

You mean that wasn't your real chest? :cry:

Why don't we call this the get a hug from Scryler thread? :smarty:

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I must be the 'pimp daddy.' :p

I don't recall that the ZTGY things do anything. A pity, but so much of ToEE is like that.

14. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

What a pitty?
    If only there was some bright minded modders out there willing to change that...
    Ohwell.

EDIT:
    P.S. Can I have a hug?

15. Scryler

Hmmph! It was my thread, afterall, GA82.

Our Host!