Lareths Club of Striking

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by pitttbulll, May 10, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. pitttbulll

pitttbulll Member

Does anyone know if this weapon has charges?
    It says you can increase the strike bonus by 3 by expending charges, but I don't see any charges or charges remaining on this item.
    Thanks.

2. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I have found that Lareth's Club disappears when put into the extra planar chest.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

It has a Bonus Type Parameter of Staff of Striking 25,0, which apparently means charges? It doesn't have charges in the usual way so won't respond to looking for charges in the usual way.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You can set the number of charges to be used on a critical hit from the radial menu/inventory items tab.

The Extraplanar Chest's note specifically states it should not be used for items that hold charges or items that have received magical enchantments from the PC's, magical items found in the game can be stored and retrieved just just fine, but if enchanted further, they will revert to it's original form if it is stored and retrieved from the chest.

5. pitttbulll

pitttbulll Member

Thanks.
    So does the club have charges and by using the charge bonus feature will eventually cause it to wear out?

6. Allyx

It does start with 25 charges, you can set the number of charges you wish to expend per hit from 0 to 3 charges, for each charge you expend your successful strike adds 1d6 force damage to the weapon's normal damage. AFAIK there is no way to recharge staves with charges in ToEE. Once all the charges are expended, it can still be used, but no longer doesn't add the extra 1d6 force damage per charge.

7. pitttbulll

pitttbulll Member

Thanks Allyx

Allyx likes this.
  8. Allyx

No problem.

Our Host!