KoTB Freezes in Main Game Menu Screen

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Anthropoid, Jan 13, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Anthropoid

Anthropoid Established Member

I have been playing with ToEE CO8 New Content mod for a couple weeks now and thought I'd check out KoTB.

I followed the link on the main Co8 forums page "Download Now" and downloaded it from ModDB.

I installed it here:

C:\GOG Games Modded\Temple of Elemental Evil

When it was installing I got an error message. I tried to do a Print Screen, but had the F Lock so it didn't catch it. It was something about an error when trying to delete a file called "DeleteFiles" or some such.

Selected Ignore when I encountered this error, let the installation continue, it launched itself when it was done and TFE-X locked up then eventually crashed (I left it for about 5 minutes while I took my dog out).

Next I launched TFE-X and if memory serves I had to Activate KoTB. Next I hit Play, and it is obviously a different theme music and the panning main screen is distinct from ToEE. But game locks up and is unresponsive after about 5 or 10 seconds (before the black background has fully panned off to the left). Music continues but nothing else.

Let me know I an uninstall, reinstall and try to replicate the error and post the screen cap if you want.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Try toggling your settings for movies (turn off or on depending on what you currently have). People have reported this a few times as helping if they get problems when moving from KotB to ToEE or vice versa.

Otherwise a reinstall may be necessary.

3. Anthropoid

Anthropoid Established Member

Right on! That worked like a charm :)

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Kewl :wave: thanks for letting us know.

Our Host!