KotB Bug: Knowledge (Nature) not a class skill.

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Endarire, May 29, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

UPDATE
    Sitra fixed class skill bugs in a recent T+ release.

ORIGINAL POST
    Greetings, Ted!

K(Nature) should be a class skill for these classes:

-Bard
    -Cleric with Knowledge Domain
    -Druid
    -Ranger
    -Wizard

I checked today and K(N) wasn't a class skill for Wizard when I multiclassed into it at level 2.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Knowledge Nature was added to KotB by Co8 members who found a way to hack the Temple.dll to add new skills, the fact it exists in KotB at all is nothing short of miraculous... I wouldn't know how to make it a class skill for those classes, but I suspect it requires further Temple.dll hacking to accomplish.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Nah that's cool, Spellslinger made a whole tool for fixing these things (with nary a badgering from me... well maybe a slight badgering, a mall sett, mother, father, two baby badgers etc). I'm surprised if I missed Wizard since they get all the Knowledge skills and this is the only (token) one, but I can fix that :)

Cleric was the only one we couldn't mod, so the fact that the various Domain skills were pre-set up is interesting.

4. Endarire

Since Alchemy is Craft (Alchemy) in 3.5, and since every class in ToEE already gets Craft as class, should all classes in ToEE get Alchemy as class?

5. Shiningted

I'm not going to dignify that with an answer :) But glad you are enjoying KotB. If the Alchemy skill takes your fancy, there are 3 Alchemist's Labs in the game at various points that give the +2 bonus and allow you to create all items.

Personally I'm playing Morrowind at the moment and I think the way they did Alchemy in that is superb, pretty much what I was going for and way way better.

6. Endarire

@Ted: I mentioned the previous question since 3.0 treated Alchemy as a separate, special thing while 3.5 changed stuff.

7. Endarire

Also, for test purposes, I made a Human Scout via Temple+ 1.0.73 and discovered on reaching level 2 that no base class had Alchemy as a class skill! That seemed odd. Maybe things would have been different had I started with another class.

I'm unsure why Eldritch Knight and Wizard have Speak Language as class since that isn't RAW. (Letting Wizards keep Speak Language as class is plausible since they're scholars.)

It's possible to get 'stuck' in the intro area using consoling to grant yourself enough levels to cast baleful transposition then transposing a chest. Combat won't end.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  8. Shiningted

Good. Don't console cheat.

9. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

If you're using the console, might as well teleport yourself out too :D

10. Endarire

All consoling in this case was done for the sake of testing class skills and available shop items.

11. Endarire

Sitra fixed class skill bugs in a recent T+ release.

Our Host!