Juggernaut problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ravenlyght, Jul 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. ravenlyght

ravenlyght Member

Are there supposed to be 12 in this room just outside the room with the watersnakes? When my bf played I don't remember seeing him fight 12 of them .. bug .. fix .. just me? blah!

Help oh kindness of others I need.
    :confused:

2. Orrin Oakenshield

Orrin Oakenshield Member

NO!
    It is not supposed to be like that!
    For your own sanity use the fix!
    http://www.co8.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=252
    If this link doesn't work seaarch the forum.
    This ol' dwarf knows the only time you should see multiple juggernauts is when the ale served is from the barrel under the cellar stairway...;)

3. ravenlyght

ravenlyght Member

do I just extract those files into the toee folder yes? Or could you walk me through step by step because extracting them alone did not work one bit...

And you are kind dwarf by any means, drunkerd or no. *grin*

Thanks in advance for any support provided.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  4. Orrin Oakenshield

Orrin Oakenshield Member

Sorry,
    Export the zip to a holding folder, create one on your desktop is quick & easy. Inside you will see two file folders. Move the contents to the folders with the the same name within the TOEE directory.
    You will be replacing the protos.tab in the rules folder, and the adding another file into the scr folder. :)
    This ol' dwarf has been called many things, but 'kind'? What's next, 'gentle'? Sheesh!
    I gotta go find some goblins to test my new axe on...

5. ravenlyght

ravenlyght Member

Ok you dwarven brute! (sorry being mean just isn't in me that's the best you'll get)

I replaced the .tab file and the .py file and there are still 12 of them .. *groan* I just want to kill this room and get it done before I move on .. (I'm stubborn too .. damn us aries) .. any other suggestions?

6. Orrin Oakenshield

Orrin Oakenshield Member

I added that and several other mods to my game, started a new game, and I have not had any problems so far.
    I guess dwarves are not the 'rescue the fair damsel' type heroes for a reason. :(

Dwarven brute? This ol' dwarf thinks that is a good start...keep praticing...

7. ravenlyght

ravenlyght Member

Darnit it took me forever to get to this point in the first place .. ahh well I guess I will have to just avoid that room for the rest of the game.. Onto the greater temple *roar*

8. stormbard

stormbard Member

Hi Ravenlyght, I had the same problem as you, only 10 juggs, but enough!
    I downloaded the fix, then copied the files and pasted them on top of the applicable yellow folders. Nothing happened, so i copied the actual file (not the yellow folder), opened the destination folder ie. rules or scrolls, and pasted directly within the folder.
    This worked for me, but I realise that it's maybe just my ignorance that caused me todo it wrong to start with.
    Good luck with it anyway, I hate being stuck too!

9. Zan11dar

Zan11dar Member

May I suggest multiple webs, then multiple cone of colds. That should
    finish off most of the juggernauts.

10. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

Am I the only one who thinks that fighting multiple Juggernauts would be totally awesome?

i've never EVER encountered this bug and it really annoys me because i really want to :|

11. Enialus Meliamne

Enialus Meliamne Member

Two was MOST DEFINETLY the right amount...Any more then that, I'd have been hosed

12. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

12? damn I only got 8. Actually, I'm not sure if this is part of the bug...but, a simple entangle really did the trick. Thing is, I had no cone of cold's and only one simple ice storm which barely tickled them. I tried shooting at them for about a half hour but only half my characters had magical long range weapons so that was taking me a while...so I decided to stick my dwarven cleric up close since is AC is pretty good and he pumped himself with a million spells...but when I got close to the juggernauts, they never attacked. Now like I said, I don't know if that was a bug, but maybe it had something to do with the reach since theyre pretty big creatures? Either way, I managed to get two of my other warriors to save against the entangle and squeeze right next to them and spent the next half hour trying to kill each one. I never got attacked once and my biggest problem was trying to target them since they were all on top of each other. Either way, they have CR of 6 and have over 150hp and do an avergae of 40 dammage per hit? (this was the second time I fought them, first time they managed to actually attack and kill my rogue in two blows)...lets just say experience-wise..I was dissapointed

13. harper

harper Member

webs, cloudkill and a calculator for xps (i was also quite disappointed) ....

14. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Problem with that is that webs wouldn't stop a thing so massive let alone x number of them...and cloudkill wouldn't harm them either. At least not in real D&D.

15. harper

harper Member

"REAL" D&D sounds great :)
    i know what you mean, but it helped here - i killed it that way...

Our Host!