JADE Editor UPDATED with FULL DIALOG EDITING

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Joviex, Oct 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Joviex

Joviex Member

Das right.... you can edit the dialog files now.

First step of many.

Here is the file

Here is the scoop:

Load the program, Make sure to setup a user MODULE directory. Most likely everyone will be setting this to their module directory inside the ToEE folder. This is, for now, where any/all files are extracted to when working on them. This also serves as a refresh for files loaded into the editor.

IOW, you load a DAT file for editing, start editing some Dialog, exit the program. Poof, the file is automagically saved to that MODULE directory with the appropriate folders. When you re-load the DAT file later to fix some stuff, first the DAT file is loaded, then your override file is loaded. Thus, consistant edits.

Please note for the moment, and my sanity, there is no ADDNEW or DELETE functions as of yet. But you can tweak the current DIALOG to your heartfelt joy.

Please send suggestions and beefs to me.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2003
  2. Elof

Elof Member

Nice work man

Is anyone fixing item descriptions yet ?

3. Zane

Zane Member

Nice work Joviex. Here are a few bugs and suggestions:

1) In the folder browser for the "Module Directory for Extraction" setting your cursor doesn't change to busy when it's trying to expand a directory list. This leads to re-clicking if it's slow which of course closes the tree item as soon as it's loaded. Perhaps the Open File dialog would be a better choice here?

2) In the same folder browser, I can't seem to figure out how to actually choose the directory I want. Double-clicking does nothing. Selecting and pressing enter does nothing and I see no buttons to press. I eventually just selected what I wanted and closed the window. Not sure if that actually saved the setting or not.

3) In the dialogue editor if you click on the last (empty) line the application will crash.

4) When selecting any MP3 (possibly any sound file) the application crashes. Here's the debug data I got:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040256): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040256.
    at QuartzTypeLib.FilgraphManagerClass.RenderFile(String strFilename)
    at Jade.JadeMain.Open_Media(MemoryStream& ms, String ext)
    at Jade.JadeMain.UpdateViews(MemoryStream ms, STreeItem TreeItem)
    at Jade.JadeMain.LoadTreeNode(TreeNode e)
    at Jade.JadeMain.datView_AfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

-Zane

4. Joviex

Joviex Member

Link was fixed. Matter of fact that went to the older file, so the newer one is now linked to proper. :\

http://www.onarom.com/Jade/

Zane, thanks for all that, it was exactly what I was looking for. I will clean those up, and try not to introduce anymore :)

5. Joviex

Joviex Member

Well, everything else was acedemic. This one I can not re-produce. Do you have a flavor of DX installed? I assume you played the game so that is most likely yes.

It is entirely possible that the folder ToEE inside the installed JaDE directory was never made when running the program. This would cause the file to not be saved (the wav or mp3). I want to use these from a MemoryStream however the quartz (directshow) library doesn't play well since it is way legacy.

I would recommend getting the newer version first. Although the folder browser is still the lame one I hacked together, the folder thing seems to be working on at least three attempts on clean installs (added a few redundant checks).

Thanks again.

6. Elof

Elof Member

ok on 2 seperate machines i keep getting the same error i downloaded from your home page and installed the .net framwork and when i go to start jade i get

aplication has generated a exception that could not be handled
    process id=0xa64 ( 2660) thread id=0x24c ( 1068 )

ok to terminate or cancel to debug

on both machines so i have no idea why any ideas ?

7. Joviex

Joviex Member

I am at a loss :?

Is there anything else it is giving in the way of an error? I can only trap/save/print information if the error happens and is handled by the program. That sounds more like a type of GPF.

I am assuming you downloaded the .Net framework, installed that, then downloaded JADE and then installed that, and then started it and got the errors?

What OS are you on? Version of DirectX?

8. Elof

Elof Member

im running xp on both machines fully up today with dx9b i belive

the heading is jade.exe common language runtime debugging services

I have no idea man , i just tried it on a third machine and it worked fine , only thing i can see diferent is that it was a intel and my 2 machines are both amd's

9. Zane

Zane Member

I believe the problem is that I was running it via Remote Desktop Client with sound disabled, therefor there was no sound device. Try disabling your sound card and see if that causes the crash for you.

-Zane

10. Joviex

Joviex Member

Good idea, didn't think to do that :) lol. Just more catch blocks to put in heh.

Thanks for that. No seriously.

11. Joviex

Joviex Member

I would say, ehy, there is something, however, so is this box (an AMD).

Hmmm, very strange. Running the same setup you have, XP, DX9b and an AMD. Try the next version, when it comes out, sometime this evening or tommorow (i'll post of course). I will try to put in a little more error checking. At first I just flew through trying to get it coded without much error checking. SO ....

12. chicken-lips

chicken-lips Member

what am I doing wrong

Hmmm.....I am making adjustment to the toee3.dat file and when I close and reopen the file the adjustments I made have not been saved. What am I doing wrong?

CL

13. Joviex

Joviex Member

What adjustments are you making?

Currently you can edit/save dialog changes, which do not save to the DAT files, but the module folder you established. Which is typically best set to the data folder inside the installed ToEE game directory.

14. Elof

Elof Member

OK dont know what it was man but the new version fixed the problem

thanks for the help its good to get a reply

15. Joviex

Joviex Member

No problem :) Glad to be of service.

Just make sure you check the version numbers against the one on the website every couple of days. I will start posting new builds each day again now that my cousins are leaving the area.

Back to work.

Our Host!