Ioun Stones Graphic

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by taltamir, May 17, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

Auuugh, the graphics are horrid for the Ioun stones (or is it Loun?)... Its a picture of a mouse pointer, and when it is equiped it becomes weird chomatic colors...

1. can it be made to be equipable on both the theives tools and the bardic instrument slots? so that you could equip it with a rouge?
    2. can someone please tell me what size it should be in pixels, and what color scheme (16bit? 24bit?) so that I could create decent pictures and post them, I have some skill in photoshop aswell as pictures of real crystals I was thinking of using...

also tell me what format it needs to be done in etc... I could then make a picture and post it so that it could be integrated into the next patch, or is it impossible to add new graphics? if so just have it use the picture of one of the gems already in the game rather then the horrid mouse pointer one...

2. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

hmm. sounds like you are missing the graphics files for the ioun stones. it probably copied the files to the wrong directory. It did this for me too, because i had installed the bg portrait group, and it moved the original artwork directory to a backup one.

go to your:

data\art\interface

directory and look for a subdirectory called "inventory"

if it is not there, that is why you don't have the images for the ioun stones. look to see if you have an inventory directory somewhere else, and then copy the ioun files from there into the one i mention above. if there is no such directory anywhere, make one and then reinstall the co8 patch (don't forget to backup any files you modded since the first install)

cheers

3. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

as to your 1st question. hmm. i don't know if you can add multiple flags in that field. go to the protos file, find the ioun stones, and see if u can add more than one flag there (copy the separator - the square and circle- from another multi-flagged field before adding the next flag.

*EDIT* yup just tried it and it works fine. you will want to add:

IF_WEAR_BARDIC_ITEM

as the flag following the 1st one in the wear field

Last edited: May 18, 2004
  4. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

oh i see now, so there IS graphics for that already.. hehe and guess what, when you said its in interface i remembered reading another thread where it said that there is a mispelling in the patch and that it is spelled as inteface instead of interface, i added the r in there now and i should be fine then, i posted a request to actually change the version from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 for the file where the inteface problem has been fixed (that is the whole point of having version numbers)

I tried redownloading the patch and it still had the same problem even though he said he uploaded it with the correct spelling this time, maybe he only fixed it in the compressed file, i am using the EXE installer...

EDIT: ok tested it after the correction, and man is it sweet or what, awesome graphics on it!

Last edited: May 19, 2004
Our Host!