Interest Caught

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Dragon_Awakened, Mar 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Dragon_Awakened

Dragon_Awakened Wandering Warrior

I want to ask a few questions on this KotB mod.
    Will it be a combination of KotB and Return to KotB?
    The original KotB was for 1st- 3rd level characters and it was very tough for even the 3rd level characters to get through. What will the level range be there?
    For the record I applaud all of you who have chosen to keep a game like ToEE alive after its creators folded and then you start working on new projects with the ToEE engine.
    It would be cool to see another old favorite of mine "Lost Caverns of Tsojacanth(?)" given this treatment.
    Congrats to you all on your hard work.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

'Lost Caverns' certanily seems to be a popular choice for the future. Later modules will be much easier to do once we have KotB finished, as it is still a learning process, eg doing the new world map which was only recently cracked.

KotB will certainly go above 3rd level, but hopefully will cap about 6 (though of course people will be free to take it as high as they like). As I mentioned above somewhere, Return to KotB is certainly an influence but will not make a direct appearance if u take my meaning.

So far as the leveling goes, I want this to be more about role-playing than high-level spells, crafting uber-items etc. In the end, however cunningly we place the kobolds and goblnis in the caves, they will STILL be kobolds and goblins - 1-4 hp by and large, a few with class levels I guess but still not a massive challenge combat wise. (I hope to get sme cnuning strategies going for them, but how cunning should stupid little monsters like that be anyway?)

On the other hand, I guess anyone who has taken a stroll through the Greater Temple knows a bugbear with less than 100hp isn't even trying... :twisted:

3. Dragon_Awakened

Dragon_Awakened Wandering Warrior

Sorry to mention another company's game here...

I had made a version of Lost Caverns on the Neverwinter Nights setting. Everything played out pretty good though I had to substitute different monsters in some cases.

Our Host!