Installation process

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by mindgame, Jun 22, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. mindgame

mindgame Member

I've been searching through this forum and the official toee forums trying to find out how to install toee, official patches and co8 mod patches in the correct order. So far i've found different variations such as installing every patch and mod patch that was released. Others say that only the 2.0 official patch and the c08 3.0.3 patch was needed. I just want to find out what is the correct order in installing EVERYTHING. I was wondering if anyone can post a reply saying the correct order in installing; toee, official patches, co8 mod patch and the No-CD crack. Thank you

2. silvannus

silvannus Member

The 1st official patch is inside the 2nd, so you can start installing the 2nd official patch.

Apply next the Co8 patch (the 3.0.3 version is working fine) to repair all the script bugs.

You can install the No-CD crack the last of all or even before the Co8 patch, as the unofficial patch does not modify the exe.

And have fun! :)

3. mindgame

mindgame Member

so i do not have to install any previous co8 mod patches? I was looking at the size of the others and they seem to be bigger than the latest 3.0.3 patch. Does the 3.0.3 patch include all the previous patches aswell?

4. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Yes, you don't need the previous Co8 patches. Like silvannus said, you should:

1. install ToEE,
    2. install the official patch 2.0 and
    3. install the most recent Co8 mod pack (current version: 3.03).

Since Steve's patch 2.0 already includes some of the fixes made in previous Co8 mods, there was no reason to put those files into the latest Co8 release. I guess that's why it's smaller in size.

5. mindgame

mindgame Member

Thanks guys! :D

6. junior2

junior2 Member

hey guys,

does anyone know where i can find the patches, and the no-cd crack?

thanks

7. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

The size of previous versions of the mod pack (v2.0):
    Raw file version (659KB):
    http://www.co8.org/files/patch/ToEE_Circle_of_Eight_Release_200.rar

Version with Installer (3.67MB):
    http://www.kasec.org/toee/TOEE_Co8_200.zip

Size of current version of the mod pack (v3.0.3)
    Raw file version (686KB):
    http://www.co8.org/files/patch/ToEE_Circle_of_Eight_Release_303.rar

Version with Installer (pending)

As you can see the size of the current version is actually larger not smaller than the previous versions (v2.0). To make a valid comparison we have to compare between raw file versions and not the version with an installer which would definitely be bulkier.

If you are referring to files before v2.0 (eg: v1.1) many files were removed because the 1st official patch fixed many similar issues.

As Morpheus mentioned, I did indeed also delete a few superfluous files which have had their fixes incorporated into the 2nd official patch (to make the final download a bit smaller and therefore a bit faster to finish downloading).
    Otherwise, all files which were in v2.0 are still there.

Our Host!