Incursion, a D&D 3.5-inspired Roguelike

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Endarire, Jun 30, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Greetings, all!

Incursion is a Roguelike that draws mechanical and thematic inspiration directly from D&D 2e, 3e, 3.5, and Pathfinder. Kill and loot things with a more direct approach, or use the game's crafting systems, NPC and mount recruitment systems (if you have enough social skills), and various terrain-altering spells for a more indirect way to victory. Unlike many other Roguelikes, Incursion emphasizes fun, fair play and a variety of viable options.

Prepare to read the manual and probably also the wiki, though. Prepare also to die and experiment with character creation!

2. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I've never heard the term "Roguelike" before. The Wikipedia page for Roguelike is quite informative.

Interesting stuff

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I love that people still make games like this :)

4. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

After a notable hiatus, I've returned to Incursion with the intent of beating it honestly with the powers of Druidzilla and research!

This is my game guide, which as of this writing, is in progress and focused on Druids, but since Druids touch upon most or all aspects of the system (according to Eggynack's D&D 3.5 Guide), this seemed fitting.

Making this guide helped me realize how much research and understanding I was meant to have to be competitive in the realm of Incursion.

5. OttisBill

OttisBill Member

Quite true. It's a ridiculously hard game, at least it was that way for me. I used to be a lot better at these kind of games back in the day. I still love them though.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
Our Host!