Incr Number in Party If Front-End doesn't work

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by StrontiumDog, Mar 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

Hello,

I've managed to download the CO8 4.0 mod and added the extras such as the portrait-pack and all went smoothly but now I have a further problem. Although I use Front-End, and have clicked the right box, added the maximum number allowed in the party to 6, to 8 and so forth and saved the result etc., I still can't seem to increase the number of players in the game once I download the 4.0 module and start a proper game - it still only allows a mximum of 5 players no matter what I do.

Also, I thought the C08 mod didn't interfere with playing the game normally mod-less. I now find that when I use TOEE Front-End to launch the original unaltered mod, that as soon as I then leave the game(re downloading the special portrait pack), the computer crashes, stating that an obscure error has occured. I don't think it's to do with the game but could it be that the original TOEE game is in fact technically unplayable until I remove the Co8 patch?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Just checking: you have selected the Co8-4.0.0 modu in the modules window in the frontend haven't you? a lot of people don't seem to notice it at first, but if you haven't selected the Co8 mod in the window, you'll be playing the patch 2 version of ToEE (without Co8 material - and the crash on exit).

5+ PC's: Once you've selected the Co8 module and number of players you want, start a new game, create all the PC's you want to use (before moving any into your PC pool), then once the players are created, select them into the party pool (only 5 pictures will display, but the others will be there once the game starts - and DON'T use the books in the inn's to get new PC's afterwards, this will crash your game too.

3. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

THANKS A LOT!! Really appreciate it.

One last thing, I understand that there are a few story-mods in the Co8 4.0 patch. Is there a walkthrough or notes etc. which give a vague idea of how to start them?

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I'm not exactly sure where it downloads to (I think it's the root directory - but I moved mine to tidy it up), but you should have a file called Walkthrough for DH Quest.pdf (You'll need adobe acrobat to read it) if you installed the Co8-4.0.0 mod with the desperate housewives quest, do a search for it you should find it easilly enough. another story-mod involves letting Larreth the beautiful live, and/or selling at least one of his items to the traders (Rannos and Gremag).

5. chastok

chastok Goblin Busboy

Is there any way to ever adjust the party again after adding in more than 5 PC's (using the books in the INNs or other).

As an aside, how does one normally removed a dead NPC from the party (hopefully not the book in the inn)?

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

use the PCCountPatcher executable in the parent game path

before u ask, also use MaxHPs executable and HumblePCs executable, too

Our Host!