hp not on display...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by xbAInx, Jul 13, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. xbAInx

xbAInx Member

um. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but for some reason the HP display in the character's mini pics (at the bottom of the screen) disappeared. I know for a fact that they WERE shown, but even when I start a new game there's no option to turn the HP display on. I know its just a minor thing, but it really helps to have that info handy without opening up the inventory over and over during combat.

I guess all I'm asking is: HELP..!!

thanks in advance.

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Check out your options menu. There should be one called "Numerical HP display". That's probably what you're looking for.

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Member

I had the problem with mine going away, too. There's a way to click on or near the character portraits that toggles the numerical display on and off, and that is what was happening to me (I'd click down there to move or something, accidentally hit the spot, and not notice til later my hp display was gone). I believe it happens when you click on the hp bar under the portrait.

Hope that helps

4. xbAInx

xbAInx Member

hmm. I'll check and see if I can find that 'magic' spot when I get home. (I'm doing the work thing, now.)

Also, the 'Display Numerical HP' in the options menu that normally appears is GONE. I know it was there before, b/c thats how I discovered the handy-dandyness of HP on the main screen. I guess I'm just spoiled...

One more thing: I just wanted to take a sec and mention that I've been following the work you guys, here on the forums, have done since the game first arrived for all of us to enjoy/loathe. You've been the 'saving grace' for this game. IMHO, without your modding abilities, the game would be just another crappy game to waste 50 bucks on. I do appreciate all your hard work... and I've actually learned quite a bit about modding/hex editing now. I never would've been interested, if you guys hadn't been so diligent about making the game more playable! Thanks again.

5. xbAInx

xbAInx Member

yay..!!

okay...home now.

Altho the 'Display Numerical Display' choice has mysteriously vanished from my options menu... clicking on the HP bar below each character's picture toggles the display on/off perfectly.

Thank you for the heads-up,
    xbAInx

Our Host!