How Do I Leave the Damn Keep?

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by cheimison, May 29, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. cheimison

cheimison Member

I talked to the scribe to get to the front, but the 'fog of war' doesn't retreat when I approach it, the only "door" icon goes to the Graveyard and I can't access the world map from there. All I want to do is get out of this goddamn town and go explore, I have no interest in the graveyard or trying to figure out the convoluted reasoning involved in not putting a 'leave area' icon directly on the goddamn bridge that goes down from the keep.

No longer being twelve or willing to spend hours to puzzle out the obscure rationalizations of game producers I am basically just not going to play this if there isn't a straightforward way to leave the keep for the main map. Shitty interfaces and obscurantist mechanics are an instant 'no interest' vote for me.

Endarire likes this.
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

IIRC you can access the world map from inside the keep, you don't need to exit the gates of the keep.

No-one is forcing you to play KotB, you didn't pay anything for the mod, many hours have been spent making the KotB module by multiple modders without any reward for doing so, and many other players have managed to play and enjoy the mod without being rude and dismissive.

sirchet likes this.
  3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah it may be a bit counter-intuitive but surprisingly few people ever had this issue... anyways, you bring up the Worldmap from the Outer Bailey main map (inside the Keep) as Allyx said. To have to go out the gates every time (or come back in that way) was debated in the early stages of production but it would be so painful that I always felt we made the right choice in just letting you come and go from inside the Keep. Plus it was the best use of the '3 landing points' that you get with the main map, if you take my meaning.

4. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@OP: Thanks for making this post very soon before a friend and I started our first local playthrough of this game. We didn't read it until today, but your ire for how to leave the keep inspired us to keep searching the keep for means of leaving.

Our Host!